Friday, December 21, 2018

Five on Friday

Well - we've made it to the Friday before Christmas! I honestly feel like there are times when I feel that I blinked and arrived at this day and other times, I feel like December has been a long month so far - does anyone else feel that way? Oh well, no matter how you feel about it - it's the weekend before Christmas and this is my Five on Friday for the second to last Friday of 2018!


One. Countdown to Christmas - I'm one of those people that choose not to count the day we're currently on...and of course, you don't count Christmas itself... so that means there are only three days to Christmas! Just the weekend and then it's Christmas Eve and then...the most wonderful day of the year is here once again! 

Related image

Two. Five Days Off Work - When I leave the office today, I'm free and clear for a whole five days! Cue the cheering, clapping and dancing around like a crazy person, ha-ha! I am so looking forward to five whole days of being off work, relaxing, spending time with my family and celebrating Christmas!

Related image

I'm looking forward to making some wonderful Christmas cookies on Saturday with my family; it's a tradition for my family and I look forward to it each year! We'll also be watching some Christmas movies and spending time together, heading into DC on Saturday to see the National Tree and ICE at National Harbor, attending the Christmas Eve service at church and having friends over on Christmas Eve. 

Three. My Sister Will Be Home Tomorrow - My younger sister will be home tomorrow morning (she's arriving at like... 6 AM...sheesh!) and I couldn't be more excited! She'll be here for a little more than a week and I'm looking forward to "sister time", since we always have a grand time together... even if she is a complete mess, ha-ha! Please see the picture below for reference!


Four. ICE at National Harbor -  Sunday... or as my sister and I like to call it, Christmas Eve Eve... we are going to the National Harbor in DC to check out ICE! The theme this year is A Charlie Brown Christmas, which is one of my most favorite things! I can't wait to see the amazing ice sculptures illustrating some of my favorite scenes from the classic cartoon - and there are also slides! I've got to make sure to take my gloves, hat and scarf to keep toasty in the constant temperature of nine degrees!

Image result for ice at national harbor

Five. Christmas Party Snap - Wednesday night the ladies group that I'm a part of in my neighborhood had our Christmas party at the restaurant located in the clubhouse, Regions 117. The food was delicious, the company was fabulous, I took home an adorable ornament from the ornaments swap (spoiler - it was the one I brought, ha-ha) and I even won a card display in one of the games! So blessed to have these ladies in my life!


That's all I've got for this Friday - I hope everyone has a happy weekend planned and plenty of festive holiday things on the books over the coming days! I'll be popping back in briefly before Christmas to say hello and then I'll sign off until after the holiday! Y'all have a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment