Sunday, November 8, 2015

Sunday Dinner: The Best Red Enchiladas

So...I love a good enchilada and I've made some really delicious (I mean...I think they're pretty yummy) white enchiladas before. Sometimes I even crave those bad boys; that's how good I think they are. Full of myself much? Maybe. Full of delicious enchiladas? Yes please.

My family; it would seem, are more partial to enchiladas with red sauce. White sauce isn't really their jam and so I went on the hunt for a recipe made with red sauce. I stumbled on this one on Pintrest (which is always hit or miss, let's be honest) and since it had the word best in the title, I figured it was worth a try.

All the goods.
What You Need
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil/olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled & diced
- 2 cans white meat chicken; drained
- salt & pepper
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans; rinsed & drained
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 to 3 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 15 ounce can red enchilada sauce


Onions away!

This was seriously smelling delicious! 

The enchilada assembly line...
What You'll Do

- Preheat the oven to 350; grease a glass baking dish & set aside.

- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add onion & saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in can chicken and green chiles; season with salt & pepper. Saute for 5-6 minutes until chicken is warm through.

- To assemble each enchilada, first spread two tablespoons of sauce over the surface of the tortilla. Add beans in a line down the middle, top with the chicken mixture and sprinkle with the Mexican blend cheese. 

- Place the finished enchilada in your 9x13 inch baking dish and repeat until all eight tortillas are filled. Spread the remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle on the remaining cheese. 

- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately!

The delicious finished product!

Peeking into a pan of goodness!
These went over really well with my red sauce loving parents and I'm sure they'll be just as big a hit for you. So whether you love white sauce or red sauce, you now have an option for both! Victory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment