About Me

My photo
A 30-something living in the foothills of the Virginia mountains; I'm saved by grace, addicted to coffee and my little sister is my best friend! I devote most of my time to exploring, reading, attending as many Nationals games as possible and documenting life here. My Prince Charming got lost somewhere along the way...but I'm trying to remain hopeful that true love exists.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 12, 2015

31 Favorites

Well...I've been thirty-one for a little over a month. So far, it's been pretty good. Only time will tell if thirty-one will be one of my favorite years, but until then....



31 OF MY CURRENT FAVORITES...

Song: Any and all Christmas music. I know; it's November 12th. I love Christmas though, LOVE. IT. Once I discovered (courtesy of  my friend Danielle) that the all Christmas, all the time radio station is back on...well, that's all she wrote! My favorite Christmas song though? O Come, O Come Emmanuel!

Dessert:  Chocolate anything.

Drink:  Coffee! Ha-ha, no but seriously...I love the stuff. 

Breakfast: Waffles! I love waffles! Haven't had any in a good while though...

Lunch: I am a sucker for some kind of delicious soup - and luckily there is a Chick Fil A (hello tortilla soup) and a Panera Bread about 5 minutes from my office. Granted...those are favorites, not what I actually eat on a daily basis...

Dinner: My Momma's red beans & rice (which I got to eat last night, yay!) is definitely one of my favorite things to eat for dinner. So yummy. Also delicious? Hamburger steak & baked potato - also cooked by my Momma!

Time of Day: Twilight...dusk...sunset. Especially when it's dramatic & colorful.

TV Show: Too many to pick but a current favorite is Scandal

Day of the Week: Saturday, of course! Saturdays always tend to offer such possibility - including the possibility of sleeping late!

Piece of Jewelry: My Fossil watch! I've had it for approximately forever but the battery has been dead for a while now & no one would touch it because it was a Fossil watch!! Eek! Thankfully my incredibly handy Dad worked his magic & got it fixed right up again last Friday & I've been wearing it ever since!

Guilty Pleasure: Purses? Does that count? I love purses & I probably buy them too often and probably (hehehe) spend too much. I feel slightly guilty when I buy the purse, but ooohh it definitely gives me pleasure to carry it around & have it be mine. Ha!

Candy: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups; but especially Reese's trees, pumpkins, eggs...they always taste just a teeny bit better than the genuine article.

Blog: Carolina Charm - I can't even remember how I found her blog but I absolutely love her blog; she is so open, honest and refreshing. Plus, she has two of the cutest little kiddos I think I've ever seen! 

Sound: Music of all kinds; I just love listening to music.

Thing to Wear: Fleece lined leggings; y'all, they are glorious. I got a pair last year just because I figured in this whole mountain climate they might be useful & now I own four pair & love them all. They are so cozy & delightful. 

Restaurant: If we're talking chain restaurants then I'd probably say Chili's; I'm a sucker for their soups. If we're talking just a local to my area place, I'd offer two options: Hunter's Head Tavern in Middleburg, VA (an English style pub) or Due South in DC (Southern style food). Both delicious. Seriously.

Ice Cream Flavor: Strawberry White Chocolate from Ice Cream Jubilee; it's the only flavor I've gotten twice and for good reason, seriously delicious strawberry ice cream with white chocolate chunks swirled in. Yum! Honey Lemon Lavender is a close second...

Store: Target. Oh Lordy - Target. I'm pretty sure I go into Target at least once a week. No lie.

Cereal: Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Way to Exercise: Walking with some jogging tossed in for good measure. Although due to the time change, I'm having to embrace the elliptical. The elliptical is definitely NOT my favorite. I miss walking/jogging outdoors.

TV Channel: The Food Network; I watch cooking shows while I'm on the elliptical. Because that seems like a good idea, right?

Way to Relax: Reading a good book all snuggled up in my bed. I do this almost every night & it relaxes me completely...to the point that within about thirty minutes, I'm falling asleep!

Sport: Baseball! Only 145 days until Opening Day 2016!

Vacation Spot: I couldn't possibly pick; there are still way too many places that I haven't seen & I certainly can't pick a favorite spot because my favorite spot might be somewhere I haven't been yet...

Fruit: Pineapple, although I rarely eat it. Once you've had the real deal the canned stuff just doesn't cut it & the real deal can be pretty pricey.

Vegetable: Carrot!

Household Chore: I don't have a favorite household chore. I have plenty of not favorites...

Flower: Lilies

Color: Royal Blue

Smell: Coffee, Peppermint, Woodsy smells in general.


Bible Verse: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

No comments:

Post a Comment