Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wednesday Wrap-Up

This is going to be short and sweet - mostly because the past three days have been pretty short and sweet. My work week is going to wrap up today at 4 and then I'll be Jackson bound to catch a flight to Virginia, by way of Atlanta. Whew! It's crazy to think that this morning I woke up in Collinsville and by the end of the day (literally, the end - my flight arrives in Virginia at 11:46 tonight) I'll be going to bed in Viriginia.

What would our ancestors have said if we'd told them we would have the capability to wake up in one place and go to sleep at the end of the day hundreds of miles away? I'm sure they'd have been astonished; heck, sometimes I find myself pretty impressed with it all. Anyway, here are a couple pictures from the beginnings of this short "week".
This was Sunday night & wouldn't load on Monday - he wanted to go to church.

Let me just tell you - Watson takes Sunday afternoon napping very seriously. There were several pictures that I couldn't get to load on Monday morning, so they've made their way onto today's post and a lot of them of are Watson, napping all over the house on Sunday afternoon. He has quite the routine worked out on Sundays; he plays all morning while I'm at church, eats lunch when I get home, takes in some sun on the porch for a little while, then comes in and naps - naps in his bed, naps on the couch, naps on the rug, naps on the guest bed...he just sleeps all over the place, all afternoon. He's a mess.


Nap Spot #1

Nap Spot #2

Monday I went to Ross with the quest of finding a large but cute purse to carry on the plane. I wanted something that could hold a book, a magazine and my other things without looking stuffed to busting, but I also didn't want a shapeless piece of fabric and leather. The Lord was shining down on my purse hunt, because I found a gorgeous Steve Madden bag that is not only so cute, but is exactly what I was looking for. Everyone at the office has exclaimed over it and essentially told me I stink because I found such a cute purse. Oh well - if I stink, I guess that's fine. At least I have my awesome new purse.


The drive-thru at Chick Fil A Monday - I was hoping they were handing out samples. They weren't.

Nap Spot #3 - on Monday evening.

The awesome new purse! I love it!

Strawberry cobbler at lunch on Tuesday - it was delicious!

Watson also always catches on to when I am packing - and I usually get lots of mean looks and he immediately starts moping. I did get one look last night while I was packing but that was about it. This morning he sniffed and licked my suitcase, but when I left he was happily running around the yard. Hopefully he'll have a good time "vacationing" at my Nanny's house while I am vacationing in Virginia.


This face says "you're flying off again & I still don't get to go. Gee, thanks a lot!"

What I've been watching this week in my spare time - which there hasn't been much of.

Well - that's about it. I'm all checked-in, the bags are packed, the phone/tablet are charged and ready to provide amusement (although I'm thinking a nap would be good amusement too) and I've got the chill pills in the purse so that I can fly like a pro.

Which - let me tell you; I discovered when talking to my Mom that spanning a year, from August of last year to August of this year I will have flown seven times! Seven! That seems pretty jet-set for someone who is "afraid" to fly. If you're reading this, I always appreciate prayers for a safe flight! Hope everyone has a great 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment