Monday, July 22, 2013

Titles...They're Hard...

I just have real trouble thinking up titles sometimes. What is up with that? I don't know - maybe because I write these posts on Monday mornings (typically) and my brain on Monday morning is akin to that of a zombie - I have only one thought. No, it's not brains. It's coffee! Granted, that is kind of the same line of thought for me almost every morning but on Monday it's much stronger. I'm not sure what it is about Mondays but they pretty much are the worst for everyone, right? I'm sure that it isn't just me...right?

Moving on - the past week, in pictures and possibly short stories. Although as I look at the pictures, it might just be mostly pictures. Ha-ha. Enjoy!
Maybe one of my new favorite pictures - noticed these little guys when I headed out for lunch on Monday and managed to get a pretty good picture!

Thank goodness I have a dog - at least the pickle chicken didn't totally go to waste.

Drinking from my Nationals cup...

He was asleep. Sound asleep. And then I got out a popsicle. Amazing.

Reading...on the tablet. I didn't think I'd enjoy reading books on the tablet but I actually really do. Crazy. I do miss the smell that books have though. Ha-ha.

The Start Journal - I need to be better about writing in mine.

The boss lady brought lunch on Wednesday - it was some good Boston Butt. I may or may not have eaten two sandwiches. I'll never tell...

So - this is delicious. Not sure where it's been all this time, but it tastes amazing.

Wednesday afternoon - package from my lovely parents. I'm a blessed girl. Also - owl kitchen timer? Awesome!

Great minds - they think alike.

At this point - I have to interject and tell y'all about a show I discovered on Wednesday night. I can assure you I never thought I'd watch the show but when I stumbled upon it in boredom on Wednesday night I became fascinated. I even recorded two episodes of it last night so I can watch it later in the week when I have nothing to do. The show is called Naked and Afraid and y'all - it is no joke. They drop two people in the wild - I mean, the wild as in like...the wilds of the African Serengetti or the jungles of Costa Rica - totally naked and with only one survival tool apiece. For 21 days. And that is it. There is no prize for surviving the 21 days except that knowledge that you did it. No million dollar prize or a new car. It gets really intense, really quickly. There are hyenas, poisonous snakes, rivers at flood stage, bugs...and the two people are completely naked. I think that is what makes the show work. Just when things get all too intense and the guy on the team has lost 30 pounds in 19 days and now he has an infected foot and may not make it to the rescue point on time...boom - a naked butt. And it's funny. Because no matter how old we get, there is just something funny about a naked butt. Anyway - if you're bored, try to check it out. It's funny. It comes on the Discovery channel and it's a hoot.


There was a thunderstorm on Thursday morning - someone doesn't handle storms well.

A turtle in the yard after the rain...

Raindrops on...not roses. Just a plant outside the office.

Oh - I have recently discovered pimento and cheese and let me tell you - I have been missing out. I'm not sure what kept me from trying something that is mainly cheese but I have spent 28 years not eating pimento and cheese and that phase is over. The stuff is delicious on crackers, toasted bread, in a grilled cheese. If you have some crazy good recipe with the stuff that you want to share - please do. Because I am loving the stuff.
Nom...Nom...Nom...so delicious.

I spent my Thursday lunch break getting a pedicure. It was lovely. Navy just seemed like a good color choice...

I had some good old fashioned comfort food for supper Thursday night - mac & cheese. Watson was willing to do whatever it took to insure he got a taste...

To the victor go the spoils...

I've found my new favorite coffee. Delicous!

Pedicured toes in the sunshine on Friday...

Lunch on Friday, courtesy of my Momma. Thanks for the gift card Mom! And Dad too...I'm sure.

I should have never downloaded this game...it takes up too much of my time. And I still have no clue what the fish even do...

Watson with his treat from Pet Meds - this is the only thing he likes about getting a box from Pet Meds.

Saturday morning slump - someone wanted to just stay in the bed.

I was far mor active on Saturday than I intended to be when I woke up. I knew that my grass desperately needed to be cut but that wasn't first on my agenda. I told Watson I would take him on an adventure - which to him means he gets to ride in the car somewhere. We went to the lake and walked below the dam, up the stairs and across the dam back to the car. Ya'll - it is hot outside. Even at 10:15 in the morning, it is already pretty toasty.

I had planned to use a riding mower to cut my grass and it was only going to take about fifteen minutes but once I found out that the riding mower had a dead battery, I grabbed the push mower and just got on with it. My grass was up to my knees and whether I wanted to or not, it had to be cut - so I buckled down and did it. I was pretty proud of myself when I was done but I was also worn slap out! It took longer than I'd planned on it taking (almost an hour) and dragging/pushing a mower is much harder than riding around on one. I've never been so happy to see a bath because I was covered with dust, dirt and stray blades of grass. Gross.

I am just not cut out for all this yard work. I like the great outdoors just fine but I'd rather let someone else keep them at bay for me. I got a nice little sunburn on my shoulders and two days later, the palms of my hands still feel bruised from having to hold down that stupid bar on the handle of the mower. I'm not complaining though - there is a certain sort of pride in looking out my front window and knowing that I mowed the yard and it looks pretty darn good. Now - if it can just not rain for a few weeks so that I don't have to cut the grass again too soon, that would be just fine. Ha-ha. Yeah right.


Taking a walk...

Watson tries to beat the heat by hiding out under my Grandma's porch...little goose.


Look at that fine grass cutting job! And yes, I know - you don't cut grass in flip flops. My Dad told me all about it!

Taking a Saturday afternoon nap - and he didn't even have to cut grass!! What a bum.

They were supposed to go to the church...but I got distracted and forgot them. Oh well, people in my office will eat them.

Changes...one of the only things that is constant in life.

Well - I guess that's about all for now. Hope you had a good weekend and hopefully your week ahead will be good. I also hope my week ahead will be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment