Monday, July 15, 2013

Recovering....

I'm going back a little bit here at the start of this one - Lord knows the end of the week previous and the start of last week all kind of lumped together in a colossal heap of nerves, flight delays and much needed extra sleep. Oh, and I'm writing this with frustration today because I should be on my treadmill but after only being on it mere minutes today and having the thing lock up almost continuously, I've finally accepted the fact that the treadmill is obviously dead. It is dead, done and over with and since I can't stop my fitness regime now, I'm forced to start walking outside in the treacherous MS July heat. And I'm not pleased about that at all.

Anyway - that is a problem for this week and I'm supposed to be re-capping last week. Onward!

Sunday night skies in Virginia...

My sweet Daddy trying to explain flight patterns and why my flight got delayed...

Y'all - I have just got the best Daddy ever. You may think your Dad is the best, but you would undoubtedly be wrong because I've got the best Dad and there can't be more than one. God broke the mold when he made my Daddy! Through all my flight drama last week, he was such a good, supportive Dad - whether he was drawing on a Cracker Barrel napkin to explain flight patterns on Sunday night or standing right outside the security line at Reagan, moving every time I moved in the line and finally giving one last wave and smile as I disappeared from view. He's the best - no doubt about it!

My sweet Daddy waving good-bye at the airport on Monday morning...

He's not real sure what is in this bag...but he might be interested...

All the refuse from a day of horribly botched travel plans. *sigh*
Have I mentioned that I don't want to see a plane emblazoned with Delta on it for a long, long time? The irony of that is now that the travel debacle is over and done with, Delta has so kindly given me a $100 travel voucher and 2,500 miles on my Sky Miles account. Who wants to bet how long it will be before I'm on yet another Delta plane? As stated above... *sigh*

Can you see the fuzzy caterpillar on the frog's nose?

These aren't cookies - they're dog treats. Seriously.

This one - he just kills me. So stern on Wednesday morning.

I'm pretty sure when the Lord decided to send Watson to me (because that's how he got here - the Lord lowered him, in his harness down from Heaven on a giant fishing pole. He told him it would be a long journey and he might get little sores in his arms from being lowered, but it would be worth it in the end, because he'd find a loving family. That's how it happened - won't believe anything else.) he knew that I was not a fan of bad weather and so he sent me a little dog that was also terrified of storms. Thunder send this one booking for my side and he makes every step I make...even into the bathroom. Bless him. He is not a fan of all these afternoon summer storms...

Following me to the bathroom on Wednesday night during the thunderstorm...

I try to keep him off my "new" bed...but it obviously isn't working.

Very angry clouds on Thursday morning...

This dog is a Popsicle eating fool. I think he'd eat the whole thing if I'd let him...

I've also never seen a dog get so excited about a Popsicle. You'd have thought I was eating a leg of lamb or something, not a vanilla flavored ice treat. This little goofy went absolutely nuts, begging so hard that his whole body was shaking. Pretty funny if you asked me. Since he was so thrilled with the idea of a Popsicle on Thursday night, I decided on Friday to break out his Frosty Paws ice cream. He'd not been a fan the first time, but he licked that cup dry on Friday night. I guess there is something to be said for Peanut Butter flavored ice cream...

The joy of puppy ice cream on Friday night!


People ice cream on Saturday afternoon...

I cleaned out under my bathroom sink - I know, I lead a glamorous life. Be jealous.

Red Beans & Rice on Saturday night - as always, delicious!

Snow Cream Popsicles are the best thing I've ever discovered.

Saturday evening I went to visit my friend Hope because her precious new grand baby was over at her house and I can't resist a little bit of time spent with Micah! He is without a doubt one of the sweetest, most handsome little guys I've ever had the pleasure of spending time with and that hair is just too much - I love rubbing his soft, fuzzy head. I'm just a sucker for babies y'all...that's all there is to it!

Absolutely precious Micah - the best Saturday night companion a girl could ask for!

My only "souvenirs" from my trip to VA.

That's right - I only brought back three things from the land of Virginia. Three! My Mom found that cross for me at Hobby Lobby one day and so I've added it to my collection on the wall; I think it really completes it. I found that blue glass bottle at an antique store and I've decided that I could really be into the whole antique thing - kind of. Maybe once I get moved, we can spend a Saturday exploring antique stores? We'll see. Of course, I had to get myself a Washington Nationals cap - because I've already decided that they will be my team from now on. I'm pretty sure I could name half the team if I wanted to...(Harper, Strasburg, Zimmerman, Rendon, Gonzalez, Stammen, LaRoche...I'll stop there...) and one of the tag lines is that you have to have "Natitude" when  you're cheering for the Nats. Hello - I'm a Nat! It's like, a given that I cheer for this team. Plus, who doesn't love the colors red, white & blue?

Yoga dog! Got that back leg stretched out to meet his nose...

Things...they are a changing...

I have my own little dishwasher...hahaha

Sunday night dessert courtesy of Mrs. Hope...nom, nom, nom...

Oh - y'all, True Blood is just surprising me this season! Last season was so completely insane, but somehow they've pulled it together and this season is really great! I was apprehensive at the beginning of the season but the writers must have done some serious thinking about all of it and whipped the crazy train around and back onto the tracks; because it isn't absolutely nuts! Is it still a little odd? Well of course, it's a show about supernatural beings living among humans - it's bound to be a little weird. Is it absolutely insane? Not this season! And for that reason I cheer and look forward to my Sunday night TV session. At least for five more weeks. Five more weeks of Eric...I think. He better not be the fan favorite that gets killed off this season. I will riot. Ha-ha. No really...I will. :)

Eric, Eric...you're my number 1 too! Although I don't think that is what the number on your shirt denotes...

No comments:

Post a Comment