Thursday, July 25, 2013

Fun with Farfalle

So - I started going to the gym this week. The schedule for me now that I've started going to the gym is heading straight to the gym from work on Monday and Friday. On Tuesday and Thursday I head home for about an hour before going to walk/do Zumba at the gym. Wednesday is going to be my "off" day; at least for now. That all being said - I decided that I'd cook something that didn't require just one step last night, because hey...real food is pretty delicious.

I get a daily email from Kraft that has a recipe and some of them immediately go into the delete file on my email - I'm sorry guys, but I'm not making salmon fishsticks. Just not my thing. What is my thing though is this dish - Chicken Florentine Casserole. I was all over this one as soon as I saw it, so I added the ingredients to my grocery list and decided last night was the perfect time to whip this us. And I'm really glad I did because it was delicious! Check out the pictures and the recipe will be at the bottom! Also, the irony of posting a pasta dish and talking about joining the gym all in the same post - yeah, I get that. I also get that I like to eat good food, so I'm going to keep on exercising and I'm going to keep on cooking good food!


Cooking my chicken with some garlic...made the kitchen smell good!

There is spinach in this - do I get just a couple healthy points for that? Probably not...

Noodles...noodles...noodles...

Oh yeah - there is also bacon. Maybe that cancels out the spinach? Oh well...

Got to get my leafy greens in there!

Bacon makes everything better. Always.

Ready to go in the oven...only 25 minutes till yum time!

My oven looks a little dirty there on the bottom. Oh well...

Turning my little owl's head around backward...25 minutes till he can see again...

I had to take the foil off after the first 10 minutes - a couple noodles stuck to it. And I ate them. Because they were delicious.

Finished product out of the oven - smelled so good!

Please excuse me while I nom...nom...nom...on this deliciousness.

Chicken Florentine Casserole

-1 can chicken, drained
-garlic
-2 cups cooked farfalle
-3/4 cup milk
-1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
-3/4 cup spinach leaves
-4 slices of bacon, cooked and shredded
-1 container Philadelphia Cooking Creme; Italian Herb flavor

-Cook chicken and garlic together in a skillet; set aside.
-Cook pasta and drain water
-Mix together pasta, chicken, milk, mozzarella cheese, spinach, bacon and cooking creme - combine well
-Put pasta mixture in a lightly greased baking dish and cover with tinfoil
-Cook at 375 for 25 minutes; take the tinfoil off after the first 10 minutes.
-Let cool and dig in!

I should note - although I don't have a picture of it, Watson sat in the kitchen floor while I cooked chicken and mixed up the pasta. He also sat right in front of me, still as a statue and focused on my food while I ate. He may or may not have been given a bite of chicken covered in sauce. Ha-ha! Hope y'all have a good Thursday!

1 comment: