Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Have I Told You Lately - August

 


Well - August is over and let me tell you, it feels like it passed in an absolute blur! I can't believe there are only four months of this year left (and I'll be a married woman for the last two).

Eating - This picture makes me laugh because two of the seven pictures are of me drinking something, not eating! Ryan and I went to the Warren County Fair the first weekend of August and we had some delicious BBQ while we wandered around the fairgrounds - thankfully it didn't come back up when we rode all the spinning rides later in the evening. 


We made an afternoon drive over to Tyson's Corner mid-month and I had a divine Summer Corn Flatbread for dinner at Seasons 52 - and every other picture is from our weekend camping, imagine that! We had dinner at the Spotswood Dining Room and I was reunited with my beloved Peanut Soup, we had blackberry ice cream on Saturday and all the meals we cooked over the campfire were divine!

Drinking - Honestly, I've mostly been drinking a lot of water and coffee. Those are the two beverages that I generally survive on and that hasn't changed much. However, Ryan ordered some hot chocolate at the Spotswood Dining Room when we had dinner and the sips I stole were delicious! There is something about a nice, warm mug of hot chocolate when the air is crisp and the sun is setting on the horizon! 


The only other drink that stands out to me is the once-in-a-blue-moon cocktail that I get when we go our to dinner! We had dinner at Sweetwater Tavern and I got a Mango Martini... made with Mango Rum, pineapple and Licor 43 - it was sweet and tropical and delicious! 

Reading - Well, I finished the book You're Invited by Amanda Jayatissa at the start of the month and while it took a wee bit of time to kick off, it had a great twist and ended really well! I thoroughly enjoyed it and would highly recommend it! The next book I picked up was The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton and WOW - what a read! This book was a slow read to begin with, but once things started to weave together - I was absolutely hooked! I have to say that it might be one of my favorite books I've read recently! 


I have bounced around from Get Out of Your Head by Jennie Allen and Fire & Blood by George R.R. Martin (y'all know that Westeros is back) and so I haven't fully started another book quite yet! But I have The Wedding Dress Sewing Circle by Jennifer Ryan in my bag for our travels to Germany!

Watching - House of the Dragon premiered on the 21st and I have just jumped right back into my love of all things Westeros-related! The show is like being in a place you love; that's changed some but still has echoes of why you originally fell in love with it! Isn't that so poetic? And all over a TV show, ha-ha! Ryan and I are still watching Alone.. slowly, but we're getting there! That's honestly the extent of our TV watching right now...

 

I saw two movies this month and I have to say - Where the Crawdads Sing was far better than Thor: Love & Thunder and I cannot believe I'm saying that! Where the Crawdads Sing was excellent; well-acted and the story was touching, at times hard but altogether heart-warming in the end. Thor: Love & Thunder was honestly silliness and ridiculousness and while the ending did make me cry - on the whole it was such a let down to me.

 

Ryan has now sworn that he doesn't think he can go see another Marvel movie in the theater because the last two or three have been such disappointments! 

Loving - Honestly, just life in general! This season of life truly feels so sweet and blessed. I am just enjoying taking in life as we count down these last two months before our wedding - spending time with Ryan, planning and dreaming for our future. Spending time with family and friends. Life is such a blessing and while I know that life will have seasons that aren't as sweet - I hope I can always remember what a wonderful time this moment in my life/our lives was.

Wanting - I would love for there to be no stress where all things wedding are related but I am learning that that isn't going to happen. I found myself trying to put out a bit of a fire today and it definitely has me feeling some stress! I absolutely want everything to go smoothly - and hopefully this bump will just be a minor one! 



Quoting - "Love is like a friendship, caught on fire." - Jeremy Taylor

**************************************************

Y'all have a wonderful last day of August and let's all look forward to the coming Autumn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment