Friday, August 19, 2022

Friday Favorites

“It’s Friday! Time to go make stories for Monday!” – Anonymous 

Friday again and y’all – let’s get right down to it and let me share some things that I am “favoriting” this week. Wait. Wow. I didn’t think “favoriting” was actually a word.

The Wedding Invitations – They’ve gone out! They’ve headed on their way! We spent Sunday afternoon getting them all packaged and away they went on Monday! We even had one of my Mom’s sweet friends text her to say she’d received her invitation and it was beautiful!



I thought I’d share just a couple snaps of my parents dropping them off to send them on their way. I can’t believe it’s time for the RSVPs to begin trickling in! 

Bear Burrito Weekend – That’s what I’m going to call camping, which is what I’m doing this weekend. Yikes! I’m kidding. Sort of. I’ve only been camping one time and it was meant to be for three days… but I didn’t even last twenty-four hours. Oops! Alas, I am marrying a man who loves to camp. And my parents absolutely love to camp. So, everyone is loving all things outdoors and I will be attempting to embrace the wilderness. I will do my best to embrace sleeping with nothing between me and nature but a flimsy bit of nylon (AKA – a bear burrito wrapper).

I will charge my phone with a solar charger and cook my veggies over and open fire and shower in a bath house (full-body shiver)… and I will even sleep on a teeny air mattress and pray my back doesn’t rage when the morning comes. Y’all say a prayer for me (the pictures are from my first camping experience).

I cannot believe we are in the second half of August! I’ve got a full week next week between my Bible study and a doctor’s appointment… and y’all, as of today I am two weeks away from….

Germany – That’s right! I think I’ve mentioned this already, but it was very brief, my parents and I are going to Germany the first week of September! We are meeting up with my younger sister and her boyfriend for a whirlwind week in Bavaria, Munich and even a day spent in Austria! I will absolutely share a bit more about this in a post next week – but I cannot believe we are already so close to this trip! It will be my last trip as a Summerlin – what a wild thought!

When my parents decided to take this trip, we knew it would be just two months before Ryan and I’s wedding and since Ryan isn’t able to go due to work, we figured we would make this a sort of last fling as a family of four (although James will be there…. I guess we’ll allow it). I still can’t quite wrap my head around knowing that two weeks from now, I’ll be bound for Germany and the Bavarian countryside! I’m sure I’ll believe it when I’m eating strudel, perusing the cuckoo clocks and yes – standing in front of Neuschwanstein Castle!

**************************************************** 

Y'all have a good weekend and think fondly of me as I'm roughing it in the woods!

No comments:

Post a Comment