Friday, September 2, 2022

Friday Favorites

Well - what do you know - we are in the last four month of 2022! And y'all know, the "Ber" months are my favorite! It's the first Friday of September - let's go!
 

Germany Bound - Today's the day! I'm bound for the land of strudel and cuckoo clocks and the Black Forest, the Rhine River and lederhosen! We are flying non-stop overnight from DC to Munich and then the week ahead of us is packed with sights to see and memories to be made.


I am just so thrilled and overwhelmed to be able to have the opportunity to get to experience a new country and culture that I've never experienced and get to see places and pieces of history. I can't wait to share it with you all once I return! 

If you read this and think of me - say a prayer for safe and calm travel for my family, please & thank you!

Rehearsal Dinner Dress - I have found the dress for rehearsal dinner and I love it! It's the cutest little white sheath dress, off the shoulder style with silver and clear sequins for a little bit of sparkle! After our Saturday trip to Tyson's Corner to peruse Bloomingdale's, Macy's and Saks 5th Avenue was a bust - Bloomingdale's online was where we hit the homerun!


I have a pair of silver sandals to wear with the dress - not quite so tall as the model here is wearing - but they are strappy and cute! I am thinking with curled hair and silver jewelry - this is going to be the perfect look for the rehearsal dinner! 

Project Repat - I have to say, I am so thrilled to be sharing about Project Repat because they do an absolutely incredible job and I am in love with my new t-shirt quilt! I own(ed) numerous (some would say too many) Washington Nationals t-shirts from the last several years of being a fan and as I am attempting to consolidate my life, I was inspired with an idea.


Years ago my Mom used Project Repat to have my little sister's high school tees made into a gorgeous quilt and I decided I'd take the same route! I trimmed up THIRTY of my Nationals t-shirts and sent them in and on Wednesday of this week, my finished quilt arrived and I am in love! The quality is incredible, the felt backing is so soft and the blanket is completely cozy - it will be something Ryan and I can use for years to come! 

I could not recommend Project Repat more - they do incredible work and make quilts that are keepsakes!

How Many Days - As of today there are just 71 days to go until Ryan and I's wedding day... but y'all, I know my time in Germany will fly by and when I return, the count will be right at 60 days - or two months! I absolutely cannot believe that we are getting so close to our big day!


Everyone told me that time would fly and they are absolutely right! It seems like the closer we get to the big day, the faster time moves! I want to take in each day and the moments leading up to our wedding weekend and especially be able to take in each moment of our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner and our wedding day - I know it will all fly by and soon be a wonderful memory!

**************************************************************

That's all I've got y'all - I cannot believe we are already in the final four months of the year, that Autumn is right around the corner and Ryan and I's wedding is just over two months away! Y'all enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment