Friday, August 5, 2022

Friday Favorites

It's Friday guys! Another week in the books, memories made, and lessons learned, and life lived! I can't wait for the weekend to start - so here are just a few things that are my favorite this weekend!   

One. My Favorite Person – We are officially down to the double digits until our wedding day! We have 99 days (I took the screenshot yesterday) until we are husband and wife, and I cannot wait to be married to this man! He truly has such a heart for the Lord and for people around him and his humble spirit and love for other people is just one of the multitude of things I love about him! There are days I can’t believe that we have only known one another since February of 2021 because he is just the perfect man for me, and I feel like he’s always been a part of my life.


On the flip side – I certainly remember the waiting that I went through while the Lord was preparing us both. I’ve said this before and I will say it again and again: the waiting was HARD, there were lots of tears, frustrations, and heartache but once I met Ryan, I knew the reason(s) for the waiting, and I knew (I know) that I would do it all over again to have him in my life. The Lord works everything in his time and His plans are so much more beautiful than anything we can conceive in our own minds. Here’s to 99 days to the wedding!

Two. My Desktop Garden – I have a regular forest growing up on my desk and I’m in love with it! I have compiled quite the little array of plants along the left side of my desk and with my co-worker Meridith’s help (she’s a plant guru), they are really growing into something wonderful! You might think I’m nuts, but I have named each one of my lovely little plants!


My plant children are (from left to right): Miguel, Hector, the Flowers of the Week, Junie, and Spike! Junie and Spike are transfers from Ryan and I’s house because I worried that they might not be getting quite enough sunshine and love at home. I thought I’d be better about taking care of them when they were sitting right in front of me each day! They are lovely and fill me with joy every day!

Three. All the Movies – Okay… I guess two movies isn’t all the movies, but you get my drift! After a month-long movie drought, I finally got to the theater earlier this week to see Where the Crawdads Sing! My co-worker Danielle and I went to the Alamo to see the movie after work on Tuesday and we both really enjoyed it! The movie followed the book pretty closely and while I wish the ending had been a little more dramatic, all in all I really enjoyed the movie and I’m so glad I was able to see it!

 

Sunday after church, Ryan and I are finally going to see Thor: Love & Thunder and I cannot wait! Thor is my favorite of the original Avengers (who am I kidding – he’s just my favorite) and I especially love the comedic turn that the Thor movies took after Taika Waititi took over the movies! We are going to the Alamo to see the movie and so there will be some delicious lunch involved too! I'd still like to see Elvis but that one might have to wait until it's on streaming!

Four. Weekend Things – The weekend is always my favorite. I think it’s probably a favorite of a lot of people, so that’s nothing special! The weather this weekend is kind of looking iffy… I think we are going to attempt to grill burgers on Friday night (if the rain will hold off) and maybe just find a movie to watch. Saturday I will definitely be sleeping in (waking up at 5:00 Monday through Friday is no joke y’all) and then we might run some errands in Winchester… we shall see. 

Sunday we are headed to church and then to the Alamo to see Thor: Love & Thunder before we prepare for another work week! We mentioned going to see the sunrise from Woodstock Tower but that will depend on the crazy weather! At the start of this week, the weather looked like it was going to be sunny and HOT all weekend. Now though – cloudy and potentially rain-filled. *sigh*

************************************************************

Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend first weekend in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment