Monday, August 1, 2022

It's August Already Y'all!

It’s Monday y’all! How did that happen so fast? Seriously though – it’s not just Monday, it’s August! Whoa.

This weekend went fast – I know, I say that every weekend. Guess what though? I feel like the weekend are going to continue to go fast the closer it gets to the wedding and the end of the year. Friday night’s original plans took a wee bit of a hit because of the weather. The Summer Market Night was supposed to start at 6:00 and at 5:59, the heavens opened, and it started pouring! My parents had come to drop off some things and so we waited for Ryan to get home, took advantage of a break in the rain, and perused the vendors really quickly.

 

My Dad was desperate to get to Route 11 Diner to have dinner and they close at 8:00 – so we quickly made the three-minute drive from one end of town to another for dinner! Route 11 Diner is seriously delicious! It’s just down home, good ol’ diner cooking and it’s so very tasty! I had the best Cheesesteak! After dinner, my parents headed home and we watched a little Alone before calling it a night – it’s always nice to go to sleep when it’s raining! *Zzzzz*

Saturday didn’t come too early – thank goodness! My morning(s) have recently changed, and I now get up at 5:00 during the work week to get my exercise in and really kick off the day! I thought it would kill me, but it’s actually been really good! However, I am absolutely committed to sleeping later than 6:30 on Saturday and Sunday and I’m pleased to say I accomplished my goal this weekend, ha-ha! After having coffee and a little breakfast, Ryan and I got right down to business in the backyard! 

 

We put together Ryan’s grill and he was even able to use it to grill some chicken for lunch! I also sanded and painted my desk (it once was red and now it’s blue) that will be used as a vanity in our house! It’s all a part of consolidating things and using one thing t be something else! *smiles* Ryan would probably say I still need to weed things out but listen – I can only weed out so much! Ryan mowed the grass and cleaned up the backyard and then we chilled for a little bit before going to our friends for dinner!

Our friends served the most amazing dinner: beef BBQ sandwiches, homemade macaroni & cheese, baked beans, and grilled corn on the cob! It was amazing! I’m drooling just thinking about it! We brought some drinks: tea and lemonade and Ryan made some Yum Yum Pudding for the dessert! We enjoyed chatting on the porch, watching some television and the guys ended up shooting guns in the backyard – men y’all! 

I woke up with a pretty raging headache on Sunday morning, so I took some ibuprofen with my coffee, and we ended up watching Abundant Life’s 9:00 AM service and then Elevation’s 10:00 service – both were really good! Thankfully, the coffee and ibuprofen took care of the headache and after lunch we headed to Wal-Mart to grab groceries for the next few weeks. We also grabbed a game or two to add to our collection, you can find some awesome games on clearance at Wal-Mart, and we took advantage of that!

We spent the afternoon doing all sorts of things around the house: getting a clock framed with pictures and hung up in the living room, getting the calendar all set for August, finally putting the bathroom in order with the storage shelf, finishing up some clothes and more… and Ryan made the best dinner: ribs, chicken, broccoli with cheese and mashed potatoes! It was divine and tasted so good! I’m also drooling thinking about that, ha-ha!

 

We decided to close out our Sunday with a friendly game of Monopoly – not just any game of Monopoly mind you, we got the Mandalorian Edition of Monopoly and there was quite a bit of smack talk ahead of the game! We settled down on the living room rug, chose our baby Yoda pieces and let the game begin! We did have to keep Watson from walking across the game board multiple times (maybe he was just mad he couldn’t play…) and when all was said and done, I emerged victorious!

I can’t wait to try the other game we found on clearance for just $7 – it’s called Trash Pandas and is labeled as a “raucous raccoon game”. It’s going to be amazing; I just know it! So – after my victory, it was time to call it a night! And just like that – another weekend over and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment