Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Wedding Wednesday - The Attire

It’s Wednesday and the wedding countdown is on! There are just 87 days to go, and I honestly cannot believe it’s getting so close! The days are flying by and so far, everything is falling into place! The attire has been set and ordered and so I thought I’d share just a brief glimpse at what we are aiming for and the choices I/we made.

Early on we (I suppose it’s really I – but Ryan readily agreed) that the main colors in the theme would be navy blue for the groomsmen and a burnt orange or paprika color for the bridesmaids. Our wedding is in November and so I did want to lean into the Autumn aspect of things, but I knew orange and black would scream “Halloween” and neither of us was a fan of a tan/khaki suit – so navy was the obvious choice. I should also point out that blue (in all shades) is my favorite color and orange is Ryan’s favorite color – so that worked out nicely! 

Y’all know that Pinterest came into play – does anyone actually plan at wedding without at least one pin from Pinterest? Pinterest pointed me in the direction of two sites for bridesmaid dresses over and over: Azazie and Birdy Grey. I also looked at David’s Bridal online (who doesn’t) but didn’t see anything that overwhelmed me. Birdy Grey offered lovely dresses, but the cut/color options were limited (in my opinion) and didn’t really work for the vision I had. So, it was off to Azazie to check things out – and I pretty quickly found the dress color that I was looking for: Paprika!

Having been a bridesmaid a couple times before, I knew that I much preferred being given the option to choose a flattering dress for myself as opposed to being told what dress to wear and so I decided to give my bridesmaids (there are 6) the same choice! I chose about fifteen different options that I liked and placed them in a showroom on Azazie and then sent the showroom invite email to each of my bridesmaids. This allowed them to look at all the dresses and choose one that they thought would best suit their frame and figure. And with 87 days to go – all dresses have been ordered! 

 

The men were – somehow – a bit more of a complicated process! Ryan had an idea of what he wanted, and the style was a little more, late 1800’s/English morning suit and unfortunately, that is hard to come by. After a bit of back and forth on what exactly he/we wanted to do, we decided to go with pants and vests in navy with a paprika or burnt orange bow tie for the men and a burnt orange ascot tie for Ryan! Thankfully, Men’s Wearhouse was able to do this for us and so the men will be looking dapper in their wedding attire. We weren’t overly impressed with the ability to customize and make a look “our own” at Men’s Wearhouse but we discovered that since our groomsmen are spread from Pennsylvania to Texas – that was our best option. 

The men will be wearing navy pants as well (not jeans) and they have lovely boutonnieres with the rust-colored florals to tie everything together. I really think when we are all lined up at the front of the aisle, the complete picture will be stunning. Our little people will look adorable – the ring bearer is wearing navy pants with a white button down, little navy suspenders and a navy bow tie! I know he will be precious! And our sweet flower girls are wearing white fluffy little dresses with floral crowns – I cannot wait to see how sweet they look! Both girls have lovely curly hair, and it will look so cute with the little floral crowns! *sigh

I am really looking forward to seeing everything come together to make for a beautiful Autumn wedding that will be romantic, rustic and just the perfect day for Ryan and I!

P.S. - Do you like how our engagement photos subtly suggest our wedding colors?

No comments:

Post a Comment