Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Wedding Wednesday - Floral Finds!

Well guys - it's August third and there are 101 days to go before the big day! Today I thought I'd share a little bit about our flower selections - and in what might be a shock to some, all our flowers will be 100% "fake". 


I know what you're thinking - fake flowers? On one of the most glamourous days of your life? However, when I started reviewing florists in the Northern Virginia area - I was absolutely blown away by the prices I was seeing! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love real flowers! I made a joke to my family this week that they could fill the empty vase on my desk with flowers any time they wanted!

Granted - your wedding is one day and let's be honest - they can get pretty pricey! The more I looked at the floral options and the different arrangements we would need, I just couldn't imagine using such a large portion of our budget on flowers! Enter Ling's Moment - a sight my Mom stumbled on as she was doing her own floral research - also a sight that we fell in love with when we saw what they offered! 


We found the most wonderful offerings and we especially liked the Sunset Terracotta palate - it was perfect for the wedding with rusty oranges, creams, greens and some wine colored flowers thrown in. It seemed like a wonderful option and so we ordered samples to see exactly what they'd look like and then waited for our package to arrive!

When the sample flowers arrived, I was so pleased with them and decided that this should be the way to move forward - it would give us beautiful flowers for everyone to carry and to decorate with - and would save money in the budget! We began perusing the options for everything we needed and finalized our order!




Beyond a gorgeous bouquet for myself, beautiful bouquets for my bridesmaids and perfect little boutonnieres for the groomsmen, we were able to select so many other things. We chose florals to decorate lanterns, a sweetheart table decoration and floral garlands to be used for the archway and around the wedding and reception. I also think we purchased some free florals (not attached to anything) to use all around the wedding and reception - and we may have gotten other florals that I don't even realize, ha-ha!

 


I cannot wait to see how everything comes together on the big day - and I know the florals will look so perfect! If you'd asked me before I was engaged if I'd choose "fake" florals, I definitely would have told you no! However, I feel like Ling's Moment has truly revolutionized what an artificial floral is and so I cannot wait to use these flowers for our big day! I think I might even attempt to have them saved in resin - with the joy of knowing that they won't wilt on the way to be preserved, ha-ha!

Did you use real florals or artificial florals for your wedding? Do you wish you'd used one or the other?

No comments:

Post a Comment