Monday, February 25, 2019

The Final Weekend of February

Well - the last weekend of February is in the books. I don't have too much to show for the weekend but with Spring in the wings, I feel like the weekends will be full of things to do! I've got a couple snapshots from the less than fascinating weekend...and a few words here and there!

The past week was Restaurant Week in nearby Winchester and so on Friday after work, we headed to Cork Street Tavern to sample the special menu - an appetizer, entree and dessert for $30! I started my meal with a chicken, bacon and spinach stuffed ravioli that was absolutely delicious and then had the Chicken and Waffles with Maple Bourbon Syrup...let me tell you,the chicken was absolutely incredible - cooked to perfection and tasted divine with the waffle. And yep - this my first time trying chicken and waffles. I finished out the meal with White Chocolate Key Lime Pie - refreshing and delicious! 

Chicken, Bacon & Spinach Ravioli
Chicken & Waffles with Maple Bourbon Syrup, Mashed Potatoes & Hobo Beans.
White Chocolate Key Lime Pie
I passed most of Friday night binge watching Schitt's Creek (have y'all watched this show - it's hilarious) and reading Where the Crawdad's Sing in my divine new swinging chair. I slept in for a bit on Saturday morning and after having my coffee and breakfast, I raced out the door to the salon to have my "hairs did" by my favorite person - Melissa! We chatted and caught up while my hair was painted and polished and pruned to perfection... so much alliteration! I decided to keep my hair dark and I'm loving that decision - even if everyone is keen to tell me that it's not dark brown, it's black!

Getting that hair all curled & styled...
Done & out the door!
I popped past Taco Bell on my way home and grabbed a couple tacos for a late lunch before spending the afternoon... watching a little bit more Schitt's Creek and reading - definitely a theme for the weekend. It rained all day on Saturday and it was just a dreary day indeed - so reading and watching TV were perfect ways to pass the time.

Reading with my guard dog in the doorway....
I woke up early on Sunday morning with a headache and after taking medication, having coffee and breakfast in hopes that it would abate but it was to no avail. I ended up staying home from church and watching Bohemian Rhapsody from the comfort of my couch before having some soup for lunch. The sun came out and the temperature was in the mid-60's on Sunday, so when my headache finally backed off a little bit, Watson and I spent some time outside soaking up the sunshine... and taking a long walk.

I spy a pup....
Living his best life.
The headache flared back up later in the afternoon, so I sort of laid around, took a shower and got myself ready to watch the Oscars. And then I proceeded to lay on the couch and watch the red carpet show and the full 3+ hour show before crawling into bed after 11:15. And don't you worry, because I have all the thoughts and feelings about the Oscars that I'll be sharing tomorrow - so fun!

And that's the last weekend of February in a nutshell. Nothing too flashy and fabulous and now the month has flown by and here we are - mere days from March! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment