Friday, February 1, 2019

Five on Friday

It's the first day of February - is anyone else glad that January is done? *hand raising* I know it can't just be me! While I'm trying to embrace every day and savor it's goodness, I do have to admit that January and February are my two least favorite months of the year...every year. So, a fond farewell to January and hello to February! 


One. Snowy Snapshots - Tuesday afternoon a portion of Winter Storm Jaden blew through our little corner of Northern Virginia, dropping about an inch and a half of thick, wet snow in just about 3-4 hours. We closed the office early as the temperature dropped and the snow kept falling; once I got home, I got in my exercise and then took my pup out for a walk. By 5:00 the snow had stopped and I snapped quite a few pictures...





My pup is normally a fan of snow and so he was more than glad to leap through the drifts and had an excellent time crawling down the side of a bank toward a frozen creek. Everything is suddenly much more interesting when it's covered in a few inches of snow!






Two. Peaks & Valleys - Have you heard of Bryan Anthonys jewelry? I've seen the company here and there and my younger sister brought it to my attention earlier in the week...so I checked out the website and made a purchase for myself. I grabbed the Peaks & Valleys ring knowing that it will stack beautifully with a ring I already wear on a daily basis!


The website is currently running a special offering 25% off with the code "Valentines25" - I'm not sure how long it lasts but it's the perfect time to get a little something to show someone you care...even if you get it for yourself! 

Three. Feeling Snarky - Perfectly Posh has released a special line of our "Snarky" scented products just in time for Valentine's Day...if that holiday has you feeling a little snarky, it might be perfect for you! The snarky scent is a blend of exotic flowers and sandalwood and the scent comes in four different products: the So Soapy bar ($12), the Classic Pink Snarky Bar ($12), the Fizi three pack ($15) and the Lil Snarky perfume roller ($16).


If you'd like to check out the snarky goodness - and other deals (spend $39 & get a free Posh bag) then you can hop on over to my website at http://NatalieSummerlin.po.sh and look around!

Four. The Polar Vortex - The crazy wintry weather just seems determined to hang around this week! I woke up this morning to snow falling from the sky and the roads covered in a new layer of snowy/icy mess that I had to slowly navigate to the office. It has continued to snow all morning and I'm crossing my fingers that they are out treating the roads because snow + below freezing temperatures = crummy roads!



The snow is definitely pretty - but it also definitely makes driving a pain in the tail. I don't know about y'all, but I'm ready for Spring! *sigh*

Five. Weekend Plans & Workout Success - I know this will come as a shock, but I don't actually have anything planned out in great detail on the calendar for the weekend! Right now (at about 2:15 in the afternoon) my only plan is to hopefully not slide on the roads when I leave the office to head home from work. *sigh* My Mom and I will likely peruse some shops on Saturday while we're out and about, but other than that - I guess we shall see what unfolds!

It's been a full month of my working out/weight loss journey and so far, I've lost 6.1 pounds! Nothing too shabby about that, so I'll just keep on pressing on toward my goals for myself in 2019! If I'd thought to capture a picture of my work out calendar before today, I'd have shared it with you - but alas, I didn't. Maybe I'll save that for Monday!

*****************************************************

Y'all have a lovely weekend and I'll see you back here on Monday for some weekend recapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment