Monday, February 4, 2019

Perhaps No More Snow...

Monday has arrived once more - happily with plentiful sunshine and crazy unseasonably warm weather - it's almost 55 degrees today and there are actually quite a few days this week that the temperatures is supposed to climb above 60! Yes please! 

Friday was a snowy day, which I detailed a bit in my Five on Friday post. I snapped a panoramic shot of the parking lot outside the office on Friday...I think we may have been one of the only businesses open on Friday! The drive home from the office was actually no problem, the roads had already been cleared so well that even though it was still snowing, the roads were clear and easy to traverse. Thank goodness!


After getting in my exercise for Friday, I joined my parents for dinner at Outback Steakhouse - I had a really delicious grilled chicken breast that managed to stay within my calorie guidelines. After a quick Wal-Mart run, we headed home and watched King Arthur: Legend of the Sword... which I still really enjoyed on a second viewing but alas...the movie won't be getting a sequel since it did so poorly at the box office. *sigh* Before all of that went down - Watson and I went on a snowy walk and I snapped the shots below!





I also snapped a picture of the calendar in the basement - I've been tracking my daily exercise and weekly weight loss on the calendar and I just have to toot my own horn a wee bit because I am proud of my month of consistent commitment to exercise. I'm also proud because as of January 29th I've lost 6.2 pounds! 


Saturday morning the sun was shining and blessedly - the snow started to melt! After almost a whole week of temperatures in the single digits, when the temperature finally rose above freezing on Saturday - it felt positively balmy outside! After coffee and a shower, we headed out to run some errands, have an early lunch and do a little shopping and while I took a coat, I basked in not needing to wear it because; again, even with a high of only about 40...it felt amazing outside!


Before returning to the house, we stopped at the lake that the house is situated near to snap a few pictures - it was still frozen quite solid, as evidenced by the tracks in the snow that made their way out to the center of the lake. I tested the lake from a seated position, dangling my feet over the dock and pressing against the ice - I'm not dumb enough to try walking across a frozen lake "just to see" how it holds up. If there is one thing I have no desire to experience in this life, it's water that is below freezing. 








I don't have much to tell for Saturday evening y'all - it was quiet. I exercised, had dinner and watched some episodes of Mr. Robot and Medici: Masters of Florence before calling it a night because I felt a little icky. Sunday was another gorgeous day and the temperatures rose even higher - it was like a miracle! After church and a quick lunch stop at Panda Express, my Dad and I took advantage of the gorgeous weather and took my pup on a hike on the trail surrounding the lake. We were pretty impressed to see how solidly the lake was still frozen in the 50+ degree temperatures....





My Dad hurled a rock toward the frozen surface of the lake - it's in the above picture, split in two pieces. The lake was still so frozen that on impact with the surface of the water (or ice) the rock snapped in two pieces and skittered across the lake. Crazy! We didn't do the full trail because the entirety of the trail was a slippery, muddy mess with all the recently melted snow - but we did enough to work up a sweat as we perused the outskirts of the lake!


The weather was so gorgeous that once we got home, I went out on the deck and laid in the sunshine for almost thirty minutes and finished listening to an episode of a podcast before heading back indoors. I worked on some picture frames, fiddled with my bedroom and living room furniture and was generally just kind of a bum for the rest of the evening!

Now it's Monday afternoon and I'm sincerely hoping that maybe the snow for this Winter is gone? That's probably wishful thinking since it's only February 4th... but I suppose a girl can dream? I mean, the groundhog didn't see his shadow - so that does mean we are in for an early Spring, right? I suppose we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment