Friday, February 15, 2019

Five on Friday


One. BAFTA Dresses - Well...the BAFTA Awards were actually almost a week ago but y'all know I love a good dress and so I had to share some of my favorites from the UK equivalent of the Academy Awards! The British are just a delightful bunch; their quirky humor and their lovely country are my favorite, so of course the favorite dresses from this event had to make the blog!

The Duchess wins - always. She looks like a goddess. Stunning!
Michele Yeoh - she just looks beyond regal. This look is amazing.
Cate Blanchett - someone joked she looks like she's wearing the Infinity Stones...but I kind of love it.
Regina King - this is just fantastic. She looks brilliant & I love that color!
I didn't see too many dresses I disliked but I figure - even though I'm convinced not a single soul besides my Mom and younger sister read this blog - the world needs kindness and not negativity. So those are the dresses I loved and that's that!

Two. Memes of the Moment - I figured I'd include this each Friday...because we all have those funny little things that cheer us up or get us through the week, right? My friends and I send memes back and forth through the office each day and they usually leave us all in stitches! These were just a few that tickled my funny bone this week. 


I feel like this is Elanie Bennis from Seinfeld... right? 

This last one - cracks me up. Are y'all excited about the live action version of Aladdin? Based on what I've seen so far... Aladdin is just sort of cute, Jafar is way too attractive to be evil...and then they released big ol blue Will Smith this past week and I'm dead. *cue tears & laughter* I'm still looking forward to seeing it, but oh man...


Three. Valentine's Day - Well, I may not have a romantic valentine (*sigh*) but my day still was quite lovely. A co-worker gifted me a delicious Reeses' chocolate heart and once I got home, my Mother had cooked a delicious meal with a special dessert: lemon curd in tartlets with fresh fruit and whipped cream! Yum! My sweet pup gave me a card and I gave him a delicious conversation heart cookie to snack on!



My valentine gift(s) were pretty fantastic - a deluxe edition of Bohemian Rhapsody (you better believe I popped that thing in the Blu-Ray player to watch the full Live Aid performance), two pair of butter soft leggings from one of our favorite shops in the area and two Russell Stover strawberry cream heart! I feel the love y'all!

Four. The Annual Cold - It has arrived with a vengeance this past week! I feel such a personal connection to the meme below... I blew (literally) my way through an entire box of Kleenex at work yesterday, it was not pretty. I'm hoping the end is near and that this cold is making it's way out of my system, but until then - y'all can imagine me looking like this little fellow below!

Image result for head cold meme

Five. Weekend Plans - The weekend is here...and it's a long weekend! Hurrah! I'm not sure what's on the agenda for tonight but it might involve some cold medicine, lying on the couch and feeling better, ha-ha! My friend Danielle and I are headed to the movies on Saturday night to see Isn't It Romantic - I'm sure there will be cocktails and plenty of laughter, we always have a great time together! I'm not sure what Sunday has in store but I do know that Monday is a day off work and who doesn't love that? Here's hoping by the time the long weekend is over, I'll be feeling like my normal self again! 

Image result for Isn't it Romantic

Y'all have a good weekend - I can't believe February is halfway over! We better embrace the next few weeks and enjoy, because March will be here before we know it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment