Monday, February 11, 2019

Chocolate & Cold Medicine

Well - Monday has arrived gray and cold - the rain outside is freezing and the ground was covered in a light layer of ice pellets here, there and everywhere. The past weekend feels like it has passed in a blur... I almost feel like February is passing that way as well! So very quickly! 


Friday night involved having dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant and then perusing the Target, where I found an adorable pair of shoes and a lunch box on sale for $9.99! The shoes were on Big Mama's Fashion Friday and it positively cracked me up because when I found them, my Mom immediately said "those shoes were on Big Mama's post today - do you remember that? Did you see them?" 

The lunch box is just the cutest thing - I don't have a picture of it and I'm not really sure why but it's delightful. The elderly gentleman checking me out at Target reminded me that it was; in fact, a lunch box and not a purse. Yes sir - I do know that. Thank you anyway. 

Saturday morning I slept in, had coffee and then committed myself to 45 minutes on the elliptical before getting ready for the day. I'd fully intended to wear my cute new shoes but the warmer weather we had all during the week last week had disappeared by Saturday morning - the high was 34 and the wind was whipping, so I figured exposed skin wasn't the best idea. Promptly after taking this photot of my cute new shoes, I went and changed to something that allowed for socks!


My Mom and I went to Chocolate Escape in Old Town Winchester on Saturday afternoon and it was delicious! Then again, what would you expect from an event that had 19 different restaurants offering all sorts of delectable chocolate treats to sample? We started with a Death by Chocolate cupcake and Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate (pictured below) at 147 North - a little hole in the wall style bar - and of course, it was divine. 

We followed that stop with chocolate truffles and hot chocolate at Espresso Cafe, the purchase of peanut butter stuffed, chocolate dipped strawberries and a sampling of wine (just me) at the wine shop... and we popped in for a table at Brewbaker's but after waiting 15 minutes to be waited on, we decided it wasn't worth the wait. *sigh* 


The German Kitchen was all sold out of it's chocolate caramel crunch cake by 3:00 (the event ran until 5:00...) but we were more than happy to create our own miniature brownie sundaes at Red Fox Creamery - I chose coconut cream ice cream with mine while my Mom chose cherry vanilla! Our final stop on the Walking Mall was at Union Jack Pub and this treat was my very favorite: a Campfire Naan that had Nutella, chocolate chips, marshmallows and a graham cracker crumble, all drizzled with chocolate sauce. It was divine! 

We finished our chocolate afternoon with seats at George's Foods & Spirits, where I had the miniature chocolate cake and a miniature chocolate martini and my Mom tried the chocolate mousse! We split a pot of coconut cream tea and then called it an afternoon! After popping in to Wal-Mart for some supplies, we headed home and I made a pot of Pulled Pork Chili for supper - it was so yummy - I'll have to share the recipe sometime! We watched My Best Friend's Wedding - such a blast from the past - and then, after feeling increasingly less than spectacular all afternoon, I took some medicine and crawled into the bed. 


Sunday morning I woke up with a rather raw feeling throat but otherwise, I was alright. After church, we had a delicious lunch at Macado's, grabbed some groceries and headed home... and at this point I was feeling a little less than stellar. I walked my dog and then proceeded to curl up on my couch and nap. The rest of Sunday evening feels like it passed in a blur - I watched an episode of Great British Baking Show, ate leftover for dinner, took a bath and ended up crawling in bed around 9:20 since I didn't feel well. 


Now it's Monday, there is some sort of weird rain/sleet combination falling outside and I'm hoping maybe my already scheduled doctor's appointment will offer some idea of relief from the sore throat and pressure I'm feeling in my head. Given that I think I've got a good old fashioned cold - it probably won't - but a girl can dream. Until Wednesday ya'll - adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment