Friday, February 22, 2019

Five on Friday


One. It Snowed Again - The week was already meant to be a short week; so to speak, and on Wednesday it snowed something like 5-6 inches of snow and was then topped off by a nice little covering of ice pellets... and so the office was closed for a snow day! I honestly didn't take any more pictures than the three below because I'm honestly getting a little bit weary of the white stuff... *sigh* It was nice to have a whole day with nothing to do, but I was glad to see the sunshine on Thursday!


Two. A Roadside Spotting - Thursday evening on the way home from work, I spotted this guy at the edge of the road and had to slow down to snap his picture! I should probably clarify that I'd already turned into my neighborhood and wasn't pausing in the midst of a busy roadway... nothing like that! The deer stared at me as I slowly drove past him and only when I was almost eye to eye with him did he scamper down the hill and into the trees. 


Three. My New Chair - My delightful and fabulous new chair was delivered yesterday and I'm absolutely in love with it! I did drag my Mom into helping me drag it into my living room and then back into my bedroom so I could make sure it was exactly where I wanted it. It's just such a cozy spot to sit and gently swing and relax... I have big plans to read in it and thoroughly enjoy it! It's absolutely perfect!


Four. Perfectly Posh Hair Mask - The February Splurge with Perfectly Posh launched yesterday and it's a hair and scalp mask made with Tea Tree and Neem! The mask deep cleans hair from root to tip, provides a tingly feeling for the scalp, hydrates and nourishes for stronger, shinier and healthier hair. It also supports healthy hair growth and tames frizz! This is an exciting little product and you can pick yours up (while supplies last) for just $18 at http://NatalieSummerlin.po.sh 


Five. Weekend Plans - Tonight my family and I are headed to Cork Street Tavern to take part in Restaurant Week; you can get a three course meal for $30 and I can't wait to try some new things for dinner tonight! I'm getting my hair done on Saturday morning and I can't wait to have fresh and fabulous hair again - I love it! I also love catching up with my sweet friend Melissa, who always makes my hair look so awesome! I'm not sure what Saturday afternoon will hold... or Sunday afternoon for that matter but Sunday night is the Oscars and I am so looking forward to watching them!

Image result for 2019 oscars

I could honestly care less about *most* of the nominations but if you've read this blog at all since early November, you'll know I'm cheering hard for Rami Malek to win Best Actor for his absolutely amazing performance as Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody! I'd love for Lady Gaga to win for her performance in A Star is Born but Glenn Close seems to be edging her out... what I am looking forward to is seeing Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga perform "Shallow" and y'all - Queen and Adam Lambert are also performing! Have I mentioned that I'll be seeing Queen and Adam Lambert in concert in July? I am!

Image result for 2019 oscars

I also can't wait to see all the dresses - y'all know I love perusing all the wonderful (and sometimes weird) things that the ladies...and sometimes gentlemen...wear to the Oscars! I loved this article showcasing the best actress dresses from the past 19 years - they're amazing! I'm also off work on Monday, so that means it won't matter if the show goes on and on past 11:00 (although I hope it doesn't, ha-ha!) 

**************************************************

That's all I've got for this Friday y'all - it's the final weekend of February! January seemed like it lasted forever and now I've blinked and February is almost over! Time is a crazy thing y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment