Monday, January 11, 2021

Maybe I Don't Love Winter

Honestly - today I am wondering if I'm really a fan of Winter. I was perusing the 15-day forecast last night to determine what I was going to be wearing to work for the next week and I have to say that I am not excited about the cold. I like living somewhere that experiences all four seasons but when it's so cold, it's harder to get outside during the Winter and enjoy the outdoors.


This weekend passed so quickly - I feel like I blinked and it was over! *sigh* Not that I have much to report from the weekend, ha-ha! Friday was a LONG day at the office and I was just so glad to be home and I was also glad there was nowhere I had to go/nothing I needed to do. After eating Mission BBQ for dinner, I watched the movie Secret Garden on Hulu - which was pretty good! It was a lazy night and I ended up reading for a while before going to bed.


Saturday and Sunday were both really lovely days - the sun was out and it was in the mid-40's. I tried to walk Watson several times in the sunshine to really enjoy it! Although he was more than interested in snuggling under a blanket and not dealing with the chill in the air - sweet little guy. I made a Target run with my Mom, played catch up on This Is Us and whipped up Sun-Dried Tomato Mozzarella Chicken Pasta for dinner - which I thought was delicious! 


As mentioned - Sunday was also glorious outside and so after church and lunch, we made our way over to the Arboretum to soak up some sunshine for just a little while. Watson absolutely loved being outside and was not interested in taking pictures with me when there was so much to explore... as evidenced by the faraway look he has on his face while I am trying to take a selfie (us-ie?!?) of us. 

 

 

I thoroughly enjoyed wandering around in the sunshine - especially since January has so far, been rather overcast. I also think that wandering around the Arboretum where everything was dormant made me long for Spring pretty hard... I know that everything is just planted; waiting for the season to change, and so I tried to dwell on that. I am so looking forward to warmer weather and there is a part of me that hopes it doesn't snow again this Winter.






Once we were home again (Watson likes to sit in the car like a weirdo) I began the process of browning beef stew meat and working on making some homemade beef stew for dinner! During the almost three hour cooking process, I did some more catching up on This Is Us, read a little bit of my book and watched the beginning of the Saints/Bears game. 



The stew turned out so delicious - I got compliments from the other people eating - so that's always a win! We cheered on the Saints to a win against the Bears - it's on the the Buccaneers next week - and then I took a bubble bath, finished my book and watched the new episode of Home Town! I sure am looking forward to the weekend that is coming up - just because it's a three day weekend. Who else is with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment