Sunday, January 31, 2021

Lately - January 2021

 

Eating - January was a very tasty month indeed! I rang in the New Year with the traditional black-eyed peas, pork and corn bread - all extremely tasty! I decided to enhance my cooking skills and so I whipped up Homemade Beef Stew and Sun-Dried Tomato Mozzarella Chicken Pasta... both of those were pretty tasty, if I do say so myself. 


I also broke open Joanna Gaines' cookbook(s) and made Fatayer and Lucy's Peanut Butter Brownies and my Mom whipped up some Cherry Crisp - it was all divine! I also had Shredded Beef Tacos from Regions 117 - they're a new favorite of mine! And we all enjoyed the treats from the Netherlands in our Universal Yums box!

Watching - My January television watching has been made up of several shows: Bridgerton, Rome, Home Town, Magnolia Table and Escape to the Country! I should mention that I watched Bridgerton for the first time (yes - I'm on Round Two) as soon as it dropped on December 25th, but I loved it so much that I came back for a second viewing! 

Rome is an HBO show from all the way back in 2005-2007 but a friend recommended it and I've been making my way through the two seasons; I have eight episodes to go to finish it up. It's been bloody, bawdy and entertaining; to say the least. Home Town and Magnolia Table are all about home redo and kitchen goodness and have inspired more than one cooking bout... and Escape to the Country makes me wish I was back in England!

Wearing - Okay... this one is more of a joke than anything else but I looked back at pictures from January and I am wearing either my gray beanie or my black beanie in half of my pictures! Once in a while I throw on my headband style head warmer but right now, the beanie is the best way to go! 


It's been chilly this month and so I've been keeping my cozy hats, leggings and sweatshirts on rotation almost daily - when I wasn't at work, that is! I just got a bit tickled by how many pictures I had wearing my beanies... especially since I used to never wear beanies at all! 

Bought - I am trying to be more conservative in what I buy... but I did purchase a new comforter for my bed and a throw pillow to along with it! I also grabbed some of the books in the Bridgerton series and a book called The Sanatorium that looked downright fascinating. I also grabbed some Loft jeans on sale - normally right at $90 a pair but on sale for $22 and $24 respectively - you can't beat that!

Want - I want warmer weather... I want the pandemic to end... I want the groundhog to predict that Spring will arrive early this year... I don't think that's asking too much, is it?

Reading - I've been reading The Dating Plan by Sara Desai this month and before that I was reading The Duke and I by Julia Quinn; it's the first book in the Bridgerton series. I've got quite a few other books on the list waiting to be read, so I won't be lacking for good stories in February! 

************************************************

So there's just a little of what I've been up to in January! The first month of 2021 has come and gone and honestly... it was a little bit of a mess, wasn't it? Here's hoping the year can only get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment