Friday, January 8, 2021

Five on Friday

Welp. I think we all thought the first week of 2021 would go a little bit differently, didn't we? I've seen jokes about cancelling the subscription after the seven day trial or people that are already saying "I can feel it - 2022 is out year, only 358 days to go!" *sigh* 2021... you are really starting off with a bang. 


One. There are No Words - I don't think I ever imagined seeing the things I saw unfold on my computer screen on Wednesday afternoon happening in my country. The news looked like something from another country... not America... and yet - it also didn't completely shock me.


It boggles my mind to think that the picture above is the United States Capitol - and this picture is just one of hundreds that are filled with rage-filled people, weapons and the destruction of property... all in the name of "patriotism". Funnily enough - that's not what I'd call patriotism. What I do know - our country needs prayer in these troubled times.

Two. What a Difference a Year Makes - One year ago this week I started my wellness journey and all I can say is that a year of small steps can add up to a very big change! I lost fifty pounds over the course of the last year by working on my eating habits and exercising - and I am so thrilled with the results.


I have every intention of continuing with my exercise and healthier eating and I hope to lose an additional forty pounds over the coming year. I used Weight Watchers to keep track on all the changes and I'll continue doing that this year too - I can't wait to see what this post looks like next year!

Three. Goals for the New Year - I have quite a few goals for the New Year - most of them fairly small and on a more personal level than my weight loss goal above. I love all things personality-wise and a while back I discovered I'm a 6 on the enneagram. 


An Instagram account I follow posted things for each enneagram type to "pour" into the New Year and so many of these options are goals I certainly need to work on for myself. I certainly want to start with believing that things will work out - a little less easy after this crazy first week of 2021!

Four. Bridgerton - Y'all! Have you been watching Bridgerton?!? It's on Netflix and I devoured it in less than week. I may or may not already be watching it for a second time - it is just so good. I will caution that aspects of the show are a bit racy... but the costumes, characters and settings along with the wonderful storylines are just the best!


The show is based on a book series by Julia Quinn - there are nine books - and you better believe I've already ordered the first in the series! Surely if the show is so compelling and engrossing, the books will be too?

Five. Weekend Plans - I don't have a single one y'all. The town I live in is currently a "hot-spot" for Coronoavirus (oh wait - isn't that the whole country) and after our dealings with it in December, I have no desire for a second round. I am planning to read, catch up on TV/find new shows to watch and just try to enjoy being at home. *sigh*

***********************************************

2021 is off to - let's just say an interesting start. I certainly hope it starts to go uphill from here... I don't know if we can deal with a repeat of 2020. 

No comments:

Post a Comment