Monday, January 25, 2021

January = Long & Cold

Is anyone else over Winter? Maybe it's just January in general that always bums me out? It never fails that January always feels like it lasts a couple months instead of a couple weeks and this year is no exception. I'm tired of the cold - and as I write that, I'm waiting to see if the predicted Winter weather today will be snow, sleet or straight up ice. *sigh*


I am pleased to report that it IS staying lighter outside each evening (as it usually does) and I managed to snap a glorious bit of sunset on Friday evening with maybe a shooting star in the picture? I don't know - but I do know that it speaks to me that Spring is on the way and the darkness won't last. And boy - that's a sermon on so many levels but I won't go there today. 

I've been having some real anxiety about going out to eat - because when a family member gets COVID and you aren't really sure how that family member got it - it will make you a little (more) fearful. I'm glad I went out to eat on Friday night because my Nachos Supreme were delicious, there was no one seated anywhere near us and when we were done eating, I did manage to find books five, six and seven of the Bridgerton series at Books A Million. I haven't bought books from an actual bookstore in YEARS.



We watched the movie Downhill on Friday night and it was pretty amusing - it was nice to watch something new and different! Saturday dawned bright and blisteringly cold! The temperature hovered around freezing but the winds were whipping at about 15-20 miles per hour and made it feel like it was somewhere in the mid-twenties! Yikes! I put on my Pom Pom Hat around 9:45 and just left it on all day, ha-ha!

We ran errands and picked up Chick Fil A for lunch and I suppose; because I'm a little nuts, I bundled myself and my pup up and we rode over to the lake to do some walking and wandering around the trails. The wind was pretty rough but amazingly, we had a great time wandering around the lake and when we were standing in the sunshine - it actually wasn't terrible! 




 


When we got back in the car - in what was something of a miracle - Watson just sat happily in the seat, looking right at me with his cute little hood on. I couldn't resist snapping multiple pictures of him. I'm sure I'll end up sharing more of them on Watson Wednesday - he just looked too adorable!




My Mom and I have been watching Magnolia Table and since this weekend was kind of off the rails - where eating was concerned - we decided after watching episode four that we'd whip up Lucy's Peanut Butter Brownies for our weekend dessert. They were pretty easy to make and tasted absolutely divine! I mean - it was creamy peanut butter sandwiched between chocolate brownie and chocolate icing. What's not to love?

I introduced my parents to the the movie Midnight in Paris - I think they enjoyed it! I also finished up the first season of Rome and the first book in the Bridgerton series, The Duke & I. After coffee, breakfast and church (which Watson slept through) we grabbed lunch at Olive Garden and I popped into Old Navy and snagged two pair of leggings for just $12! I like Old Navy's leggings for lounging around and the pair I had - suffice it to say they'd seen better days!



Later in the afternoon - since it wasn't quite as cold - I hitched Watson up and took him over to the opposite side of the lake to let him explore some more. I know he loves being outdoors, especially when he's in the woods... or off-roading as it were. Ice had started forming on the edges of the lake and there was snow in the distance out over the mountains... and once it started to move in and little flakes began to fall, we headed back home. 



We used Door Dash to pick up Five Guys for dinner and watched the new episode of Home Town before I started a new book, got my clothes and home all organized for the week to come and crawled into bed. Man - I am looking forward to warmer weather! Granted, now the weather is saying there could be 1-3 inches of ice - so I suppose that won't happen this week, ha-ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment