About Me

My photo
A 30-something living in the foothills of the Virginia mountains; I'm saved by grace, addicted to coffee and my little sister is my best friend! I devote most of my time to exploring, reading, attending as many Nationals games as possible and documenting life here. My Prince Charming got lost somewhere along the way...but I'm trying to remain hopeful that true love exists.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Watson Wednesday

Eight years - that's how old my sweet pup was yesterday! At least...I think that's about how old her is. You see, I came home from a weekend in Chattanooga seven years ago to find a little pup sitting alongside my car in the sunshine...

The little fellow had been wearing a harness for so long that he'd developed sores under his arms and his ribs were showing. A pitiful sight to be sure. Yet - in spite of all this, he was happy as a lark...and what's more, he was thrilled to see us. People he'd never met before in his life! I immediately went to work fattening him up and putting some medicine on his sores...all while begging to keep him; he was obviously meant to be mine since he just showed up that way - right?

I posted signs around town and after six weeks - in which I'd become crazy attached to the sweet little stinker I was calling Watson - no one had claimed him. I went around from store to store snatching down the signs and happily claimed him as mine! 

Watson - Day 1
He's been the best dog ever - there's no denying that. He's a little possessive and he sometimes nibbles on furniture when he's anxious (sorry parents...) but in all honesty, I don't think you could find a better pup if you tried. 

He came into my life seven years ago and at his first vet visit, I was told he was about a year old. Since I have no clue where he came from (oh wait - he came from Heaven - duh) or when he was born, his birthday is really more of a celebration of when he came into my life. So, March 15th it is. Happy "Eighth" Birthday to my favorite furball!

Watson - Day 2,920

No comments:

Post a Comment