Friday, March 25, 2016

Five on Friday

Friday is here - and it's good. Literally. It's Good Friday and this post is coming to you...well, not from my desk. My office is closed today and this edition is coming to you from the comfort of my home. I don't know about you, but I have big plans to thoroughly enjoy my weekend and I hope you do too!

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

One. Baseball...is literally just around the corner. Nine days to be exact. Nine days until Opening Day for the 2016 season and just fifteen days until I am once again at one of my favorite places on Earth - Nationals Park. I spent a good chunk of Wednesday evening (finally) able to watch a game on TV and loved every minute of it... I can't wait until there is baseball on almost every night and trips to the ball park are a regular occurrence!

I want to nab this baby & take it to a Nationals game...
Two. The movies, which is where I will be spending a good chunk of my Friday afternoon. I'm joining my friends Danielle and Meridith shortly after lunch to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding II. When that movie ends, I'll scoot across town to the other theater to meet my friend Jennie to see Batman VS Superman: Dawn of Justice. I'm thinking it sounds like a wonderful way to spend an afternoon and evening!

    

Three. Cherry Blossoms - Because this year they are a peak bloom so early; as in, this weekend! In fact, they were at peak bloom on Wednesday the 23rd and peak bloom usually lasts about 3-4 days, so we are cruising into DC on Saturday to check out those beautiful blooms! Here's hoping that the rain on Friday will only help the blooms and not hurt them... Seeing them in person last year for the first time ever...definitely an experience I won't forget. I can't wait to see them again!

The blooms as of Wednesday, March 23.
Four. Fitness Friday...and I actually have a lot to report this week! I am back at this week...conquering more miles each day. Well, okay...I did 1.5 miles on Monday, 2.15 on Tuesday, rested on Wednesday and then....because I was walking with my Dad on Thursday afternoon...we did more than 2.15. Ha! I also took a huge leap of faith...in myself...and signed up for my first 5K on Wednesday. I'll be doing the Bubble Run in DC on August 13th with my friend Danielle. I'm excited but already a little nervous. Eek! I guess I better keep this whole fitness thing up, right?

Or at least make a pretty concentrated effort...right?

Five. Easter is this weekend. I know Easter can mean a lot of different things to different people, but for me it's not about the colored eggs, the jelly beans and the chocolate...although those are all really wonderful. Easter is about celebrating the Risen Savior and the promise of eternal life that His sacrifice bought for us on the cross. I know I am so unworthy of the love and grace that the Lord has shown for me - but then, grace is a gift that you receive even if you are unworthy. And Jesus is certainly in the business of giving grace; a gift that I've receive daily in my walk with Him.



And that's all I've got for this Five on Friday! If you want to join in on the fun, just copy the logo that I've posted at the top of this page and then use the linky tools on Christina or April's blogs to join in the fun! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and a very happy Easter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment