Friday, January 22, 2016

Five on Friday

Friday has arrived again - as I am typing this, I'm watching the windows with a wary eye. Snow is supposed to start any time now and well...I'm getting ahead of myself. Five on Friday, here we go!


One. Archer Farms Peanut Butter Monster Trail Mix - I know...I know...probably not the most healthy choice ever, but I am in love! My little sister introduced me to the A Handful of Everything while we were in London and it was delicious...so when I went to pick up a bag of that, I saw Peanut Butter Monster and grabbed it. Well. one bite of this and I was absolutely hooked. If you are a fan of chocolate and peanut butter - you should go get yourself some of this. It's divine!
Go get you some of this.

Two. 40 Days of Decrease by Alicia Britt Chole - Confession; I haven't actually started this book yet. It seems to center on the idea of finishing up the 40 days by Easter...and Easter is still about 60 days away, so I'm holding off. I guess this made the list this week because - how ironic that the word I choose for 2016 is "reduce" and a week later my church decides to use these books as a congregation in preparation for Easter...and they hand out a free copy to every family! Yea...that's not irony though; that's totally a God thing.
This should be an interesting read.

Three. Coastal Home & Body - I found this business almost a month ago at the Downtown DC Holiday Market and while one of their big sellers are their hand-woven Turkish towels, I fell in love with their handmade vegan soaps! They smell absolutely amazing, look almost like works of art and after buying a peppermint scented soap and using it at home, I can say that it also has a really nice lather. I checked their website earlier this week and went ahead and bought myself the 4 soaps for $35. Another awesome thing about this company? All orders over $35 ship for free! Go check them out - http://coastalhomeandbody.com/ - I promise you won't regret it!

My soaps clockwise: Coconut Lime, Pomegranate Raspberry, Honeysuckle & Lemongrass Mint.


Four. Snow - Remember last week when snow was on my list and I said I didn't care if it snowed again? Ha! Nature heard that and is about to laugh in my face...so that's fun. The whole area is now waiting with baited breath (some more than others - I have anxiety issues y'all) for the arrival of Winter Storm Jonas, which is going to dump something like 2 feet (maybe more) of snow on us. I guess the good thing is at least it's going to take place over a weekend? I know one thing - this will be the most snow I've ever seen...
I live in the purple section. Joy.

Five. Fitness Friday - well, I have nothing to report. I'll get back with it, I promise I will. This week just wasn't it...between the cold and other random things...that I know are just excuses. Oh well, until next week, when I promise to do better.
Too true.
And that's all I've got for this Friday! I hope everyone has a happy weekend...if you live in the blizzard zone, I hope you have a safe and happy weekend too! Ha-ha! 

1 comment: