Thursday, October 10, 2013

Brunch, Pumpkins and Planes!

I got to sleep late on my birthday - what a joy! Granted, late for me in Virginia is around 8:15. I usually can't last much longer than that and I really feel like I'm missing something...maybe my chance to look at the view? I don't know. Maybe if I lived in Virginia, I wouldn't worry about the view so much because I'd see it daily but I feel like when I'm there, I need to get as much of it as I can!

My chair is waiting for me and my cup of coffee!

The view on the morning of my birthday - so beautiful, as always!
My Dad (unfortunately) had to work on Sunday morning so we were without him for the first part of the day, but as my parents always say - we have to make the best of the time we're given with each other. Mom had booked a reservation for us at Joe's Steakhouse in Front Royal to have brunch and so the three of us set out for Joe's around 10:45 - with a quick stop at Target so Lindsey could run in and buy a leather jacket that she claims makes her feel like Emma Swan about to kick some major butt - and amazingly we arrived in perfect time!

The dessert table at brunch...it all looks so good, how does one choose?

Mom & I - love my Mom so much; she is the best! 

The best sister a girl could ask for - no doubt, Lindsey is my built-in best friend. Love her!

Desserts all around - we each got two and rotated the plates around the table. I preferred my chocolate cherry cake and strawberry rhubarb crumble to everyone else's...ha-ha.

We had some time to kill before we picked up my Dad from work around 1:30...so because Lindsey and I are awesome and love the most random things, we decided we'd like to go to Wegmans to wander around until time to pick up my Dad. Wegmans is essentially the greatest grocery store ever and there is a Wegmans only five minutes from my Dad's office - so we definitely stopped in and can I just tell you, everyone in Virginia buys their groceries on Sunday afternoon. There were people everywhere. It certainly didn't deter us...but man, so many people.

All the goodies in the pastry/bakery section of the store. Amazing!

My flight left out of Dulles around 4 and neither of my flights were eventful - which is always a good thing. They took off, flew through the air and landed, just like they were supposed to. I had a short layover in Dallas and got some supper (and almost froze to death, it was seriously 50 degrees in the airport) before making the final flying leg of my journey to Jackson. I truly celebrated my birthday till the end of the day - I rolled up to my house at 12:14 on Monday morning and after some welcome hugs, kisses and tail wags from Watson, I collapsed into my bed. I was exhausted but full of love and so thankful for my whirlwind birthday weekend with my family!

Passing all the airplanes on the SkyLink at the Dallas airport...

This is my - Hi Mom, I'm eating in Dallas and I'm freezing to death - photo.

The only person on the road at almost midnight Sunday night...yeesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment