Monday, October 28, 2013

.....And Again....

Seriously - I have whiplash from the past week/weekend. It all went by so fast! Time seems to fly by faster and faster with each week; maybe that is what happens as the year draws to a close? Either way - here are some pictures from my speedy week and weekend!

The moon was still up Monday morning - that means I need to still be in the bed, right?

This is not what you want to buy in a "handy" desk pack - I'd rather have gum. *SIGH*

Tuesday morning skies....

Ha-ha...I had a need to know question....

Proof that you were raised by a plane nerd - the picture above. I can't just watch Agents of SHIELD, I need to know answers. I had to take a picture of the TV screen on Tuesday night and message my Dad (and my sister) to find out what kind of plane this was. The answer? A C-17 that's been souped up! I was instructed to google a C-17 and compare pictures - yes; I paused my watching of Agents of SHIELD to google pictures of C-17s, hold them up to the TV and decide that maybe my Dad was right - who am I kidding, of course he was right. What little I know about planes came from him. And yes - I know - I'm crazy. It's okay though. Since I live by myself, I can be crazy and no one but the dog knows - and he's not talking. ;)


October is the best - although, I may be biased, having been born in October.

Ugh - colds. I HATE colds.

This past week I have been fighting a cold all week. I had to wrangle out all my "guns" - Vick's Vapor Rub, cough drops, the Alka-Seltzer Day and Night, chloraspetic spray and even the $80 codeine cough syrup from the sickness at the beginning of 2013. Thankfully, I never really felt bad physically but my throat has ached, my nose had been stuffed, my ears have felt like they have an elephant sitting on them - blegh, all that goodness. There was a time or two that there was fever involved and that's always fun. I was very close to my couch all week; I'd come home, put on my pajamas and lay on the couch. Hopefully whatever it was, it has passed - especially since I so kindly gave my Nanny what was left of my codeine cough syrup yesterday...

My buddy - saying to me "do you need anything?" Also, doesn't he look like a little French man with a mustache?? This dog completely cracks me up!

Friday morning - and Watson would much rather stay at home.

A tree on fire with Autumn color outside the post office...so pretty! 

I watched Dracula on Friday night - Watson didn't really watch the show, he watched the cookies I was eating to make sure he didn't get left out of the tasting!

Every once in a while, he does something so adorable & almost person-like - as in this, Friday night snuggled up to his little red teddy bear. Precious, right?

It was a wee bit chilly on Saturday morning in my house....

I'll explain more below....but fake greenery does not like me. At all.


So - here is the deal. I got my tree out on Saturday afternoon. Yes - THAT tree. Now before you flip out and tell me it isn't even Halloween yet and I need to have my head examined, let me just explain something to you. First of all, my tree stays in it's box, wedged in a corner of one of my closets. Saturday afternoon I was cleaning/organizing/straightening things and needed to get quite a few things out of the above mentioned closet - which required me to wage war with the box the tree is in and drag it out; a feat in and of itself since it's a 7 foot tall (albeit skinny) tree. So, while it was sitting in the floor and I was sweating and trying to figure out how I was ever going to get in crammed back into the closet without damaging the tree, the closet or both (because my Dad got it in the closet in the first place, not me) I just decided to put it up. It's a whole lot easier to get that box back in the closet with nothing in it! So, I put it up - and the tree ate me. I don't know what the deal is with the plastic branches, but apparently they do not like my arms - because I broke out like crazy, all itches and whelps! Anyhow, the tree is not decorated for Christmas - it's decorated for Fall and will stay that way until I head to Virginia for Thanksgiving. You can see it below...

Just being extra cheesy on the front porch Saturday afternoon...because I can.

My porch - with my pumpkin....

I got asked to come over and fix my "little sister" McKenna's hair for her homecoming dance on Saturday - which was kind of a laugh to me. If I'm being honest, I don't really think I do a very good job making my own hair look good and I was pretty sure I couldn't do too much with someone else's hair...but I present below the bun that I was able to do. I was pretty impressed with my handy work and McKenna said she was....I gave her numerous options to tell me if she didn't like it and she assured me that she did like it..so there you have it. Maybe I'm better at this whole hair fixing business than I think I am? I need to try a bun like this on my hair asap....

My creation....I think I did pretty well.

So pretty! I know she had a blast at the homecoming dance...and that hair didn't look too shabby either!

A Saturday night visit with one of my favorite little guys...he just gets cuter with every visit!

A Sunday afternoon stew thief....he wanted a bite of my beef stew bad! I let him lick the bowl...after all the meat, potatoes & carrots were gone! 

Sunday was - a rough day. I won't elaborate too much on that but what I will say is this: It hurts to not be recognized for something you do on a weekly basis. It hurts even more when you are not only not recognized, but the recognition for what you do goes to someone else entirely. That's all I'll say on that subject because I had (and still have) some pretty hurt feelings and if I really got going, I might say things I didn't mean. I'd hate to hurt someone else's feelings just because of my own hurt feelings...so I'll move on from this for now.

Gloomy Sunday afternoon? Watch a little sleuthing...it's good stuff I tell you.


See - that isn't really so Christmas-y, right? Orange, yellow...and pumpkins!



Well - there you have it! The past week in pictures and short stories. I've got to get busy now; I'm sure I've got plenty to do and I'm eagerly awaiting a box from the Bahamas - by way of my precious parents! So, I hope your Monday is prettier than mine (this silly rain) and you have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment