Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Stewing Success

I think at this point, we all know I love to cook. It is really and truly one of my favorite things to do. I really enjoy hunting up recipes, making a list of what I need, gathering it all together at the store and dreaming the whole time about the wonderful things I'm going to make. I realize that most people don't really get that thrilled about cooking, but I certainly do.

I also love setting out all my ingredients, cutting and chopping, mixing things together and anticipating the delicious smells and tastes that are soon to follow. I have to say, sometimes trying new things can be dangerous but I've only been disappointed twice so far in my cooking adventures, so I will continue to journey on and see what I can make.

I love beef stew, especially when it's cold out - or coldish, since MS can't ever seem to decide what it wants to do weather wise. I figured homemade beef stew was as easy as meat, potatoes, carrots and seasoning in the crock pot and with that in mind, I went for it and was thrilled with the results! This was easy and turned out absolutely delicious, if I do say so myself!

All laid out....minus the seasoning packet.

Pretty little veggies in the pot - I added some onion after I took this picture.

After the mixture took a "nap" in the crock pot over night. 

I was tempted to stay home from church & devour my beef stew, but I managed to stay the course. 

Easy Peasy Beef Stew

-1 package stew meat
-2/3 potatoes, cleaned and cut in small bites
-small carrots (I just added them in until I thought there was enough orange)
-a handful of onion flakes
-1 packet beef stew seasoning (I used half the packet, I have a small crock pot)
-1 cup water

Clean and cut up potatoes, add the potatoes and carrots the the crock pot

Add in stew meat, onion flakes and beef stew seasoning mixed with water

Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or overnight

Gobble up!

Seriously - so easy & people will think you worked really hard.

1 comment: