Thursday, April 4, 2013

Virginia in Pictures



The only thing that can make me get up so early the moon is still the only light in the sky? Travel.


Window seat on plane #1 - here we go!


The landscape from the sky....


Nothing but clouds - and scratches on the inside of the airplane windows. These clouds, because of the sunrise; looked almost just like cotton candy.


Maybe it is the sleep deprivation, the meds or a combination of both - but I tend to take a lot of selfies while flying....


Breakfast of champions in the Memphis airport!


So - this guy crushed me the entire second flight. Thankfully I was sleepy, so I just kind of hugged the window & slept, but his elbow was in my ribs for the entire flight. And that was with him hugging his arms to his body to "make room" for me.


Winging it....


I thought it was supposed to be Spring - why do I see snow?


Down into DC we go....


Oh look - it's my favorite sister! Ha-ha!


We love hats! And wow, I look so sleepy in this photo...wake up Natalie!


We just couldn't take it - Lindsey's hat was too funny.


Quite possibly the best ice scraper ever - my Dad won this at a Christmas party, Lindsey & I discovered it in the backseat of his car & had way too much fun with it. It's designed to keep your arm dry while you get the snow off.


My family loves me - they got me a copy of the Game of Thrones TV Guide & had it waiting for me at the house. And Lindsey even picked the cover with the Lannisters on it because Lindsey knows I think Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is foxy!


Home Sweet VA Home


Ice cream cake for my Mom's friend Jennie's birthday!


Watching Over the Hedge with Jimmy & Emily - so sweet!


Easter sweets from all my Mom's friends!


Coffee on the couch at the house - one of my favorite parts of being at home.


The Potomac & The Shenandoah rivers coming together at Harper's Ferry!


It was a little chilly down by the river!


An old church in Harper's Ferry - it was having some work done, but it was still awfully pretty.


Harper's Ferry West Virginia


Ginger found some ginger in the candy store - ha-ha!


I love the little details on the roof of this house!


Just a bit windblown....


We stopped to get custard - I said I wanted a little bit. Apparently a little bit means something very different in WV...


Lunch at the Bavarian Inn - I chose to branch out & get something other than fries; they're parsnips & carrot "fries"


River views from the back yard of the Bavarian Inn


This stuff was actually pretty good - there was even a rose flavored piece. Definitely some unique candy.


Pedicures with Rachel!


Lindsey & I both went with shades of green....


Filomena's had some incredible Easter decorations...and even more incredible food.


Desserts like I have never seen - Turtle Mousse cake at the top, Fruit Tart Cheesecake to the right and Spumoni Cannelloni cake on the bottom. All of them were amazing.


Rachel & I with the random Easter donkey & the basket full of bunny babies...


In Jack Wills - a British clothing store; I liked the coat.


The line at Georgetown Cupcakes - we waited about 45 minutes. It was worth it though.


Look at all that goodness!


Smile - you're at Georgetown Cupcakes!


Georgetown


Lindsey suffering from a sugar crash...


Yum, Yum & Yum - they were delicious.


Cherry Blossom Cupcake - vanilla cupcake with cherries in the batter & vanilla butter creme frosting. So yummy & the closest I got to a cherry blossom all week.


Lindsey in Beast mode, doing her morning exercise!


Just doing something different with my hair for Thursday - it may have been inspired by Cersei's hair on Game of Thrones, although hers is usually much more elaborate. And also, blond.


Lunch at the Spring Water Tavern (I don't think that is the right name) on Thursday. It was delicious. Everything we ate all week was pretty much delicious.


The stairs in an old house turned antique store.


The door knocker - I couldn't decide if this was really cool or slightly menacing, but I loved it.


Looking out the window of the Tavern


This behemoth of a burger - BBQ sauce, bacon, cheddar cheese & an onion ring. It was awesome - even if I did have to unhinge my jaw to take a bite.


Spring House Tavern - I knew I had the name wrong! Pretty delicious place to eat.


Meems Bottom Bridge


My favorite chips at the Route 11 chip factory - they are delicious!


The Summerlin ladies at the covered bridge.


There was a giant cootie bug outside Shenandoah Caverns - I played this game all the time when I was teeny & this completely tickled me.


Snow on the way to the top of the mountains...Winter is holding on fast in certain places.


Breathtaking views at every turn.


These icicles were intense - some fell while we were taking pictures & it was pretty dramatic.


The good life - warming your feet by the fire at the lodge.


We found tons more hats at the Copper Fox Antique store & made my Dad become our photographer.


Sparkly shoes in the sparkly snow. :)


Heading back down the mountain toward the more Spring-like weather! Good-bye snow!


The neatest little bridge over the river - this was behind the antique store.


A little mountain creek flowing through the field.


Lindsey & my Dad love perusing antique stores & VA has plenty for them to hunt through.


Just being silly in another antique store.


Introducing the epitome of silly - this is obviously where Lindsey & I get our goofiness from.


Sweet Frogs goodness on Saturday afternoon.


Easter Eve sunset from my bedroom.


Waiting on the Easter bunny in my bedroom - he came early just for us.


VA had sad skies on Sunday - Lindsey said it was because VA knew we were leaving. I had a sad heart to match the skies.


Yolk Around the Clock at Eggspectations - this was amazing!!


The Egg tree at Eggspectations!


A little bird in the Dulles terminal - he was trying to figure out how to get outside with all the big birds, both real & mechanical.


I hate good-byes. I also don't like living so far from all my family.


Inside Union Station in downtown DC


On my very bumpy flight from VA to GA - crazy weather in the South made for some thrilling flights home, but thankfully I was able to stay calm.


Nothing but clouds from GA to MS...and also, bumpy!!


Coming in for a landing in the fog - the wing lights were making crazy patterns.


Final shots - Crumbs Cupcakes in Union Station, a Key Lime Truffle from Nibblins & the brave puppy dog on my flight from VA to GA.

The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment