Monday, April 15, 2013

Blink & You'll Miss It

Well - here we are again, at the start of another week. I swear, the past week went by so quickly it seems like it wasn't even here. Hence the title of the post; because if the week went by that fast then the weekend went by even faster. I wish for once there was a way to make the week speed along and the weekend slowly pass - but if I had the power to manipulate time, I think I'd do a lot more than that. I guess that is why we mere humans aren't able to do those things.

This past week was a really good week - probably in part because of the speed with which it passed; at least the week part of it. The days were fast, but they were also good. That isn't always the case, so it's nice to have weeks like that. Anyway, I think I've rambled enough about the week passing...on to pictures!

Monday night - being pressured to let him out. I appreciate the cuddles, the looks of begging & the kisses on the hand, but it just isn't happening dear dog.


Begging for a bite of red beans & rice - if I could get a nickel for every time this dog begs, I'd be rich. Very rich.


He loves him some Beggin Strips...almost as much as he loves getting a bite of real bacon.


Office flowers - they are so gorgeous & are something small that makes me smile at the office - which doesn't happen often.
I think I was most looking forward to Thursday of this week because I had a supper date with the Roberts. I've known Nickolee since we were three; we've been friends since we were three, twenty-five years is a pretty healthy base for a friendship don't you think? Nickolee, her husband Steve & their daughter Ryleigh have been in Madagascar for the past (almost) 2 years working as missionaries with the Mahafaly people & they are home for about 5 weeks for a wedding. I was actually nervous about seeing them, which now seems so silly to me because as soon as I saw Nickolee all those nerves disappeared and I knew I was seeing my precious friend that I've known since I was small. I guess a part of me just worried that in 2 years we'd both changed and maybe it would be too much...which was such an unfounded fear, because Nickolee is one of those friends that I will always be so close too; she is a lifetime friend and that makes me so happy and blessed.

Ryleigh was five months old the last time I saw her and now she is almost two and a half - it was such a hoot to see what a funny, fascinating little person she has become since the last time I saw her. She reminds me a lot of a mini-Nickolee, but of course as Nickolee explained, Ryleigh spends all day with Nickolee when they are in Mada, so who else would she be like. Personally, I think that sounds just fine - Nickolee is a wonderful woman of God and an amazing friend, so if the world is getting another person just like her it will be all the better for it.

I promise she didn't completely hate taking a picture with me...I don't think...ha-ha!


Kisses from my love on Friday morning - I know you like my beautiful scarf, courtesy of the Roberts...all the way from Madagascar!


The breakfast of champions on Friday morning at the office.


I do love Superman - hopefully this movie will be a little better than the last one...it's been almost 2 years since Smallville went off, I need my Superman fix.

My weekend can either be fairly active or absolutely lazy - thankfully this weekend was a combination of the two. I thought it was going to be absolutely lazy and I was somewhat worried that by noon on Saturday I'd be completely stir crazy. Watson & I spent Friday night taking a handful of short moonlight walks in the yard in between watching commentary on some episodes of Game of Thrones. Yes, you read that right - I am one of those nerds that watches the commentary on TV shows that I like; because how else would you really get the inside information on how the episodes are made? I cleaned a little bit on Saturday morning along with being something a bum...which is what Saturdays are for...but by about noon, I was getting a little bored. Thankfully my friend was in town and since he studied for a period that he deemed long enough, he came over on Saturday evening to save me from the monotony of passing another Saturday night on my own. Sunday was spent traversing the roads back and forth to the church - first for morning services, then for a shower and then again for evening services. As I've heard my Mom say, I was ratting the roads all day on Sunday!
Commentary on Game of Thrones - I mean, how else would I know Lena Headey was drinking Tesco grape juice for the hours that they filmed this? I wouldn't have known...but now I do.


TV time with Watson - he was obviously so interested in Dallas....he could care less who shot JR.


Another perfect blue sky kind of Saturday.


My Grandma says dogs eat grass when they have an upset stomach - well Watson must have been feeling rough on Saturday because he treated the front yard like a salad bar.


Trying (and failing) to get a little bit of sun on Saturday afternoon.


Supper at Los Rodeos with David - those people are going to assign us a booth, we eat there way too much.


New shoes! I saw them 2 weeks ago but refrained from buying them - so I told myself on Friday that if they still had my size, I could get them. There were 3 pair left...& one was my size!


It poured on Sunday morning...so we had to have our afternoon walk through the puddles. Thank goodness for rain boots!


A wedding shower for a dear friend's son - the food was good, the conversation was good & the couple was so sweet.


Oh yeah - I bought these shoes too...because they were on sale & they were absolutely awesome. I just couldn't resist because shoes are my weakness.


Sometimes I organize what I'm going to wear for the week...sometimes I get excessively organized & lay out jewelry & all, because I am just that crazy I guess. Sure makes the mornings easier.


The best way to end the weekend - a car ride with my pup, a bubble bath & a new episode of Game of Thrones. If only Sunday evening could last forever.


2 comments:

  1. Great post - and I love the new shoes - both pair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW i love you FRIEND!! sweet sweet words and i too am loving the new shoes :)

    ReplyDelete