Monday, March 25, 2013

Rainy Weekends...

Only a day to go before I'm Virginia bound - I'll be spending Monday evening with some friends in Jackson before heading out early on Tuesday morning to spend the rest of the week with my wonderful family. This post will be pretty short and sweet, I discovered I didn't take very many pictures this week. I'll share what I've taken and that will be about it!

This week went by pretty quickly and of course the weekend followed suit, as it always does. If a week goes by fast, you can be certain the weekend will be even quicker. I was extremely lazy this weekend and I completely enjoyed it. Sometimes its nice to know that you have absolutely nothing to do all weekend and can spend your time doing whatever you want, sometimes its nice to know you have plans and people to see, things to do, etc... This weekend I was pretty happy to have the former because anytime spent with my family usually involves us being out and about seeing things, so I know the coming weekend will be the latter.

Bloom watch for the Cherry Blossoms - they're meant to be at peak bloom while I'm in VA, hopefully the ten tons of snow they keep getting there won't mess that up too bad. Seeing the cherry blossoms is on my bucket list...


He was attached to the couch by his leash - I can't stay outside with him 24/7 but at least this way he could explore the front yard & not escape. I thought this was safe but I'd learn later in the week that he isn't safe in our own yard.


Crazy weather on Monday - it hailed all over MS, thankfully we missed the baseball sized hail here but I have friends in Jackson that weren't so lucky. 


He still manages to have such a happy disposition even when he's being forced to stay inside more often than he'd like. Bless his heart, when I found him I found a winner for sure.

Wednesday morning was my first clue that Watson wasn't even safe in our own yard - this dog business is making me absolutely crazy y'all. I hate seeing my little dog upset and not happy and I hate having to deal with someone else's maniac dog, especially when they don't even make an effort to keep the dog in check. On Wednesday morning, I put Watson on his leash and we headed out the door to the car - which, it should be mentioned that I had his leash in one hand, my purse on one arm, my lunch bag in the other arm and a book in my other hand - I was carrying quite a bit of stuff. As we get to the bottom of the porch steps, here comes the attack dog out of the woods at the edge of our yard and Watson immediately goes into freak out mode; granted, I didn't react so great either. The husky was growling and stalking ever closer to us and Watson couldn't decide whether to charge the dog or turn around and run back to the house. I had his leash locked in place so he couldn't get far from me and he decided to jump forward, jumping with such force that he popped right out of his collar. In that split second before he could run off (because I knew if he ran, the dog would chase him and I'd probably never catch them) I dropped everything I was carrying into the dirt, snatched him up and began carrying him to the car. He was squealing and barking, the husky was following on my heels snarling and I was praying we didn't get eaten. Nothing wakes you up more than trying to fend off a dog attack at 7:15 in the morning. *sigh*

Wednesday was kind of a stressful day, to say the least.


These are amazing and my co-worker was nice enough to bring me some back when she ran an errand on Thursday!


He always thinks he needs a bite of whatever I'm eating - even my breakfast....


Or my late night snack....


I'm not sure it can really be Friday if you end up with a stack of papers on your desk that are taller than your head at 3 in the afternoon. *sigh* Work.


Friday night entertainment and food - I decided I needed to refresh my memory before Season 3 starts on the 31st. The first time I watched Game of Thrones was on my computer with HBO Go and it was kind of crap quality to say the least. It looked much better on my flat screen, ha-ha.


Happy to spend a Saturday being lazy with me - seriously, how adorable is that face?


House Stark or House Lannister? I think I'm actually more a fan of House Targaryen...but Jaime Lannister (the blond guy for those of you are totally clueless about Game of Thrones) isn't hard to look at.


I got a little more paint on my porch than I thought; I guess it is just decorated for Easter. Oh well...it gives it personality.


Impending storms...and the promise of more hail..


This dog could not be more like me if he tried - he is terrified of bad weather & the thunder on Saturday evening was completely causing him to come unglued...


He has a whole bowl of fresh water in the kitchen but I guess fresh rainwater just has a better flavor?


Honing my skills at packing everything in a carry-on size suitcase. I think I'm getting pretty good if I do say so myself. 


I kind of like owl stuff...just kind of. :)


Hiding behind the couch pillows why the storms rage outside on Saturday night...


I guess he is trying to go to his happy place?


My sweet buddy Graham - sweet babies become silly toddlers way too quickly.

I post pictures of these sweet boys almost every week and it hit me this Sunday that I won't be able to take pictures like this for that much longer. I've been taking care of both of them since the first Sunday they came to church and that will be two years ago in August. I have pictures of them from when they were tiny and decided to start taking this picture every week to see how much they change. It is such an amazing thing to see these tiny, helpless little people grow and change week by week and see them develop their own little personalities with each week. They'll be moving out of the baby nursery and into a "big kid" Sunday school class soon and then I'll have to quit taking my weekly pictures. But boy, they were fun while they lasted. Time spent with sweet boys like this is what makes the sometime crazy and frequently hectic job of being the nursery coordinator all worthwhile.

They used to both fit in my lap...now they're getting too big. Where does the time go?


Thank goodness the sun finally came out on Sunday afternoon...but it was still frigid outside. So I watched the sun from under a blanket on my couch. 


Sunday lunch courtesy of my Nanny - nothing quite like some good ol home cooking!


So irritated with me, can't you tell? He's a mess.


This right here is why I don't trust the groundhog - Collinsville is in the deep South, in Game of Thrones Winterfell is in the North, the far reaches of the North before you reach the frozen tundra. I'm pretty sure the weather in Collinsville shouldn't match the weather in Winterfell - ever. Especially not in "Spring".
Oh guess what? Watson got attacked by that dog again - and this time he was sitting on my Grandma's porch just minding his own business when the dog rushed the porch and jumped him. My Grandma jumped in between them (don't even get me started on how much that terrifies me) and got Watson inside before he was seriously hurt, but he did get bit again. I don't think I've ever run so fast as I did when I heard his shrill squeals from across the yard - I just knew that was going to be the last sound I ever heard him make. I should clarify that the attack dog's owners informed us that the dog had run away and since he'd not been seen in almost 5 days (since the incident on Wednesday morning) we were beginning to cautiously ease back outside...but I guess we are back to lock down. I'm really at my wits end with this situation and unsure what the next step should be. I'm just glad my dog is okay (or as okay as you can be after being bitten a second time) after another attempt at eating him.

Being little and trying to play in your own yard is very dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment