Monday, April 8, 2013

Back to Reality...

The past week has been interesting - I guess I should just leave it at that. It is always interesting to have to return to normal life and the routine of work when you've been on vacation. I've tried to make the most of the past week but it's hard - all I can think about is trying to get back to Virginia as soon as I can. I miss my family, I miss my friends...I even miss the new friends that I've made when I visit my parents. It's the struggle of making life work in one place when your heart want to be in another place - which sounds like I really dislike my life in Mississippi - and I don't. I'm just ready to pursue life in another place and see what the world can offer outside the lines of Mississippi.

Trying to keep my desk colorful - it helps makes the days better. Sometimes.


The paw print of the attack dog next to my dog's teeny foot - absolutely crazy.


He knows he's been caught - rolling around & sleeping on the clean sheets. Good grief!


Exactly. This sums it up perfectly.


I've got him well trained - he knows to sit still & pay attention when Game of Thrones is on; especially when there are dragons or direwolves onscreen...



Tasting a bite of Turkish Delight - he was a big fan, but it was a little too chewy for him to eat more than a teeny bite at a time.
I made the mistake a few weeks ago of letting Watson sleep on my bed; he'd just been attacked by the neighbor's dog and wasn't feeling so bad. I felt horrible for him and so I just let him sleep there. I probably should have put an end to it after that once, but I didn't. Now he will stand at my bedroom door and cry if he can't get in to the bed...so I give in, because I'm a complete push-over apparently. He has somehow managed to figure out how to get IN the bed...not just lay on it. These naps on my bed, they may have to end soon. Little sneak!

Look what I can do Mom - isn't this where you usually sleep?


Yet another gigantic paw print in my yard. Boo.

I don't have a lot of pictures from the week itself - which is not the norm for me, but I guess I wasn't feeling too into taking photos. I'm not sure, it just seemed like other things took precedence or there wasn't anything to photograph but my dog...and while I love those pictures, I'm sure the only other person that doesn't get tired of them is my Mom, because he's basically the only grand kid she has right now.

Friday night, David came over so I could introduce him to the awesome TV show that is Game of Thrones. I'd already given him the first book in the series and while he is reading it, he says that it has to come second to his law school books - which I guess I understand. I suppose maybe that is more important, but I know it isn't nearly as entertaining. I made supper using a recipe I got from Lindsey (which, surprise...wasn't sure I'd ever say that since the kid really doesn't cook much) and then we had a marathon. That was basically the excitement of my weekend. My life is thrilling, to be sure. ;)

Supper...before. I totally forgot to take an after; well, I forgot & David started eating it...


He's better than an alarm - I always know someone is coming up the walk when Watson gets excited.


My newest kitchen tool is a little devil that you use to pull hot pans toward you to get out of the oven. Too funny!


Saturday morning errands with Mom!


Spring flag - just $1.50 at Dollar General for a little extra cheer.


I love the way red beans & rice smells when it is cooking - Watson & I both walk around sniffing the air, ha-ha!
Spring has definitely sprung in the past two weeks and Watson and I have been enjoying a lot more time outside. I'm so amazed by the blue skies, green trees and all the little flowers that spring up everywhere over night, so expect more outdoor pics for the next few weeks - it is all too pretty to resist!

This look of apprehension on his face kills my heart - he used to run around this yard like he owned it & now sometimes he is anxious to leave the porch. It kills me.


A random flower that has bloomed around this old branch - no clue what it is, but it sure is pretty.


The azaleas are pretty big this year - much bigger than I remember....


You couldn't replicate this color blue...it is too perfect.


I'm going to re-do my bedroom to this color scheme - the blues & greens of Spring.


Easter bunny candy - Key Lime Coconut covered with Chocolate it was nothing but delicious.


He was so angry about staying in on Sunday morning. I try to tell him it is for his own good - but he's not buying it.


No more babies - both of my boys have moved up & now I don't have anyone to cuddle. At least for a few weeks.


Again - this sky amazes me. I need to move my office outside if it is going to look like this...


Spring has sprung! Flowers, sandals & painted toes!


Flowers in bloom outside the sanctuary!


Pollen - the one downside to all this gorgeous Spring weather. Everything is covered in a fine layer of yellow.

Sunday is also Game of Thrones day - at least for the next 3 months and if it isn't obvious, I'm just ate up with it. It is one of the best shows on TV right now and I spend an hour every Sunday night completely engrossed. I was telling a friend last night that I laid across the ottoman to watch last night's episode and was so engrossed that I didn't move for the full hour it was on - which was a major mistake. Once the episode ended, I went to hop up and thought I was going to die. Maybe I'm not young enough to lay stretched out on my stomach for an hour anymore...oh well.
It was in my People magazine...most of them are only sort of similar, but the on in the bottom right - I'll never not see that now when I see Jaime Lannister.


I let Watson ride to church with me on Sunday night - as you can see, he loved every minute!


Brienne & Jaime - they are easily 2 of my favorite characters & will be my favorite storyline this season.


My new Life's a Hoot thermal from Thirty-One....this one is gonna make me smile when I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment