Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Routine of Day to Day Life

Routines are what makes the world go round and I happen to be one of those extremely organized people that loves to have a good routine in place; although recently I've been itching to break out of the routine, if only to find a way to establish a new routine...

I told y'all, I like structure and organization. So, how about a little look at what my day to day looks like? It's riveting stuff, I promise. :)

• My alarm goes off at around 6:45...because I love to sleep. Love it. My alarm is not bells/whistles/etc...because I cannot stand that being the first thing I hear when I wake up. Currently my alarm is the Game of Thrones theme, before that it was the Dallas theme...it changes...


• If I wake up before my alarm goes off, I will check emails, Facebook or Instagram on my phone. If I'm awake quite a bit before my alarm I may even look up a video on YouTube. Sometimes I just lay there and stare at the ceiling, enjoying the last few minutes of calm before the rush of the day.


• I have to put my contacts in as soon as I get into the bathroom because without them I am BLIND. Blind as a bat.


• Brush the teeth, fix the hair, put on the make-up....


• Clothes, then body spray before jewelry because someone once told me that getting body spray all over your jewelry ruins them. Then, body spray or perfume!


• I get my lunch for the day packed and open the blinds to see what kind of day it is going to be...


• I let Watson out of "his" room and then I sit in the chair to read my Bible. Once I'm done with that, I might check some things on my phone or just sit and look out the window until 7:20 rolls around.


• I have to drive Watson over to my Nanny's house in the mornings; this wasn't a part of the routine but ever since the attacks I get to cart my dog around like he's my child. He loves his morning rides, even if we only go 100 yards next door. Goofy puppy.


• If it is Monday, Wednesday or Friday I go get the mail for the office, if it's Tuesday or Thursday I get a few extra minutes at the house before driving the 25 minutes into work. Usually I pass the time by talking to either my Mom or my Dad.


• Once I'm at work, I make the coffee for the day - that's right, I'm like the office barista. At least, I try to look at it that way.


• Once I've had my breakfast (either yogurt or a bagel with coffee) then it is done to the business of work, work, work...with a quick break from 12-1 for lunch and then back to work, work, work...till 5!


• If I have mail to take to the post office, I leave at 4:55 and head for the post office and then home. Again, I pass the time either talking to my Mom or listening to music.


• I pick up my little Watson from my Nanny's, where she always give me a full report of how many times he has been out and how many time he has used the bathroom during the day. Ha-ha! Thanks Nanny!


• Once I get home, I have to decide what to have for supper. It usually hinges on whether I actually feel like cooking anything or whipping up something that doesn't involve much; like last night I felt the urge to cook, so I made chicken, potatoes and green beans but the night before, I warmed up leftovers. It is all dependent on the mood.

• I normally listen to music while I cook and I clean up the kitchen, unload the dishwasher or tidy up in the midst of all that.


• I normally watch some form of television once 7 o'clock rolls around; I watch several shows: How I Met Your Mother, Bones, Dallas, Castle, Modern Family, Duck Dynasty, The Vampire Diaries, Elementary, Once Upon A Time and Game of Thrones...which all come on at different times, on different nights. And seeing them all written out makes it look like I watch too much TV - but I'm single and only have a dog to take care of, so I guess now is the time to do that sort of thing, right?


• I usually take a shower or bath before I go to bed because I've discovered that when I put my hair up slightly damp, I have instant wave! Who knew? Plus, it buys me more time to sleep in the morning, which is SO important. I finish off the evening by reading in bed and then it's off to sleep...to prepare to face another day of the routine.

So, there you go. A little look at my day-to-day routine. I know, it is amazingly fascinating and I'm sure you've been on the edge of your seat reading this. Hey, it may not be much but for now it's life and I'm sure one day when my life is far more hectic I'll look back on these "boring" days with a fondness. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment