Monday, March 14, 2022

Well That was Fast!

Monday once more - and let me tell you, as I look out my office windows I feel like the weather has done a 360 since Friday afternoon. *shakes head* I guess that's Spring for you! Friday was a gorgeous day and the temperatures stayed around the mid-60's and I was able to head home a little early - all delightful things!

Ryan and I went to the couple's group we attend through out church and we had some serious delicious Chicken Carnitas for dinner with some very tasty rice! We also did a lesson on marriage and arguing and then Ryan and I made a pit stop at Sheetz to grab coffee - I got my beloved black raspberry vanilla cappuccino (decaf) and we headed home! Saturday morning I peered out of the curtains and was met with the view below...

 

Okay - that wasn't actually the view out my bedroom window but you get the picture. It snowed! I wasn't excited or disappointed, I really felt pretty indifferent to it and was just glad to have a warm house to stay inside while it did all the snowing!

Ryan and I are continuing to explore the small town where we bought our house and we had a late breakfast at Patty's Place on Saturday morning around 10:30 - it's one of those places that you'd blink and miss, but the food (and service) are great! It's a little home town spot that has probably been around for ages and all the locals (I guess we're local now) kept popping in to eat... I especially loved the little elderly couple who came in with the newspaper and read it together over their coffee!



Ryan had to go into work on Saturday afternoon and I met my Mom in nearby Winchester to do some wedding related things - namely, order wedding invitations! We went to a store in downtown that does all sorts of wonderful gifts and I ended up finding (finally) some invites I liked, so we got all the wording down and put in that order.

After being 60+ the day before, once the snow stopped on Saturday afternoon the temperature bottomed out and stayed in the lower 20's but the wind was whipping at around forty mph - so we grabbed Mission BBQ and headed home, where we stayed! It was just not the kind of weather you want to be out in for any amount of time!

After church and lunch at Chinatown Restaurant, I was pretty much a bum for most of Sunday afternoon and evening. I did my nails and ended up watching Gilded Age, Outlander and Home Town before spending some time with Ryan before he headed to work. I feel like the weekend absolutely sped by - but then again, I generally feel that way all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment