Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Life Lately - February

Happy March everyone! I don't know about you but I am praying that the Spring-like weather continues and March gives us some warmer days and plentiful sunshine!  



Eating - Well, I certainly didn't miss out on all the Valentine's Day goodies that were swirling around me this month, ha-ha! *face palm* I had amazing cupcakes at a friend's Noonday get together; they were from a local bakery called Garcia & Gavino - they are delicious, check them out! I also enjoyed amazing cupcakes and cinnamon rolls at the ALC Marriage Conference - all made by awesome church members! And of course - divine Valentine's cookies made by my friend Jillian - she's also awesome and her creations are so tasty!


ALC always kicks off Sunday mornings with donuts; they even had heart-shaped donuts throughout the month of February! Love! I also discovered a new favorite at Spring House Tavern: the Nashville Hot Honey Chicken - it is so divine! Perfectly crispy fried chicken breasts with a stinging hot honey sauce, yes please and thank you! Last but not least - I had some divine tomato bisque at Mozzeria in DC (the Margarita Pizza was also divine, just don't have a picture!)

Watching - Animal shows... I kid you not! My fiancé loves all those nature and animal shows and I have been learning all about marsupials, wild dogs, bat eared foxes and the deadliest animals in Asia! I've also been watching Home Town and This Is Us with regularity after playing major catch-up on This Is Us to be ready to watch the final season!

I'm hoping to get a chance to watch The Gilded Age on HBO MAX here pretty soon - I've been told I'd love it and I can't wait to give it a watch!

Wearing - This one will come as a little of a surprise (maybe... maybe it won't) but on a whim last month I bought some Impress Press On Nails and I ended up being really pleased with how well they worked and stayed on! I can say with all honesty that I haven't had press on nails since I was a kiddo and even then, I only had them once or twice as dress-up.


These nails go on with a sticky substance on the back of each nail and if they're applied properly (don't get hands wet/use lotion for a couple hours after application) then they can last for up to a week! Mine stayed on really well and probably would have lasted longer but I chose to remove them ahead of Valentine's Day. I'll definitely grab these again because I loved the way they looked and they were so fun to wear!

Bought - A ceiling fan! And cabinet pulls! I've been into Lowe's more times than I can remember in the last month looking at lawn mowers, storage sheds, hedge trimmers and glass storm doors... I've perused step ladders and tool bags, bathroom storage options and even perused insulation.


I feel like you've truly peaked as an adult when you come home from work on a Friday and your soon-to-be spouse says "hey - you wanna go to Lowe's and look around before we go out to dinner?!?" and you actually find yourself thrilled to reply "Yes! I was going to ask you the same thing!" Granted - Lowe's is much more fun when you have a house of your own and you can walk the aisles and dream!

Want - Is world peace too much to ask? Peace in the midst of chaos is certainly something I pray for daily; with how turbulent the world seems to be these days, I can see why the Lord laid the word "peace" on my heart for this year. I'm sure I could come up with a million little "things" that I wanted but honestly - I just wish the world would settle some. I'm not sure how likely that is though.

Reading - My reading fell off so much this past month but I did read two very good books! I read Everything We Didn't Say by Nicole Baart and The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn! They were completely different books but both really enjoyable and excellent additions to my 2022 Reading Challenge! Everything We Didn't Say was crime and mystery - which is always right up my alley, I can devour a crime/true crime/mystery book in days - and I did that with this book!

The Viscount Who Loved Me was a romance novel; the second in the Bridgerton series, I wanted to be ready for the second season that starts at the end of March! I found I actually enjoyed this book more than the first in the series - but part of that may be that I'd already watched the season of Bridgerton that inspired the first book and there weren't really any surprises! 

*********************************************************

And just like that - it's March first and this year is rolling right along! Everyone told me that November (and our wedding) would be here before we knew it and man - I am beginning to believe them! I can't believe it's already March! 

No comments:

Post a Comment