Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Wedding Wednesday - What's the Theme?

 

Once you get that ring on your finger - the planning begins in full force! I mean, it certainly did for us. I suppose I say "us" but Ryan hasn't had too many opinions. He very nicely told me that he was getting the most important thing from the deal: me as his wife for the rest of our lives. It's hard to argue with that, huh? Granted - he has had a few requests here and there and I am happily incorporating them into the wedding.

We toured some venues ahead of the engagement (you read that right) and I'm so glad we did - because one thing we have learned is that because of all the weddings that were rescheduled due to COVID, 2022 will be the largest year for weddings since 1984 - which is; ironically, the year I was born! I will admit I am one of those women who have been pinning ideas/plans on Pinterest for my wedding for several years now and once we knew we were planning an Autumn wedding - I finalized my color scheme.


Just a couple of the things I pinned on my Pinterest that I went back to look at and helped solidify the goal I had in my mind for what I wanted. Especially once we chose the venue - I knew that I was going for a rustic/romantic vibe for the wedding and I felt like the Autumn setting would pair well with the colors I chose: navy blue for the men and a burnt orange shade for the women. I plan to have rustic wooden centerpieces for the tables at the reception with lanterns and some pumpkins to accent here and there - preferably white pumpkins.


We have since looked at suits - and I must confess that the orange in the picture below photographs incredibly bright! It really is a more burnt orange shade and I love the pairing! 


A general breakdown of the color scheme - I think we will be leaning a little more heavily on the navy as I know the invitations will have navy and ecru as the color palette (I only know that as of this week because it took me a while to find what I wanted). The flowers and the bridesmaid dresses will bring in the rust/


All in all - settling in my mind what I envisioned for our big day wasn't too hard. I always felt like I would lean toward navy because blue is my favorite color and blue is a color that feels more like "me". I think the colors I've chosen (with the seal of approval from the fiancé) will make for a lovely, romantic Autumn wedding with just the right amount of rustic thrown into the mix. 

We've gathered décor and little knick knacks to use during the wedding and I cannot wait to see the vison brought to life - in less than eight months!

1 comment: