Monday, March 28, 2022

Well - It Snowed this Weekend

It's absolutely beautiful outside today - blue skies, fluffy clouds, trees all in bloom and grass turning a glorious bright green. It's also hovering at about 35 degrees and the wind will take your skin off if you stay outside too long! I joked a few weeks ago that when it snowed on Saturday that perhaps it was Winter's last stand... but perhaps this past weekend was? It really does seem to be hanging on pretty tightly! 


Work wasn't too nuts on Friday and I got a text around lunchtime from Ryan, letting me know he was on the way to have lunch with me. We were able to spend some time together mid-day and that was really sweet. Ryan and I went to our couples group on Friday night and had a nice time - Ryan started to feel a little sick as the evening went on... not sure if he ate something funny or what - but regardless, we headed home as soon as group was over so he could get some sleep and feel better. The picture above is our buddy - Lincoln - the pup that belongs to our group leaders! 


Saturday was a little busy and a little chill - I slept in until right at 8:00 - what a miracle that was! My Mom purchased some to die for cinnamon rolls from a church friend; she makes them in her home and does Saturday pick-ups, they are divine! We had those for breakfast and then my Mom and I headed out to do wedding things... and Ryan and my Dad headed out to do guy things. *laughter* Who even knows what guys get up to when their together?


My Mom and I found vases and lanterns at Hobby Lobby that will work perfectly for the rehearsal dinner and the reception - we'd already had a number of perfect lanterns and we found the exact same ones and were able to get the amount we needed for each of the tables at the reception! We also looked at easels and just poked around in general - because who doesn't love Hobby Lobby?

We perused the aisles of Home Goods - which I hadn't been into in ages - and I refrained from buying too many things, ha-ha! I did get some refrigerator organizers, a pup bowl set for Watson to have at Ryan and I's house and a gift for my friend Danielle's birthday that's coming up quickly! We had lunch at Firenze Pizza (you can make your own pizza, yum!) and then perused Belk's looking for some dresses and tops for our upcoming trip to Mississippi (and potentially to take on my honeymoon). We found some perfect options - I got a gorgeous green dress to wear on Easter and a precious chambray "nap dress" that will look beautiful for the shower in Mississippi! 


I know y'all like my hilarious kitchen towel - right? Saturday afternoon I was a big ol' bum you guys! I ended up falling asleep on the couch for a wee bit... we got home shortly after 2 and Ryan was napping at my parents ahead of working the night shift. He woke up about 6 and we went to Front Royal to do some shopping/poking around and grab dinner at Spelunker's - which; I can report, has delicious burgers but the service was less than stellar! After Ryan headed out to work, I did my nails and watched the first episode of the second season of Bridgerton with my parents! 


Sunday morning was brutally chilly - y'all, it was so freaking cold! I ended up bundling up for church and then ended up burning up while sitting in church, whoosh! John James, the former lead singer of Newsboys shared his testimony during the service and his story was powerful and uplifting - truly a story of the healing power of Christ in a life - Ryan and I both thoroughly enjoyed it! We attended a children's group meeting for volunteers and then we both headed to our house in Woodstock for the afternoon and evening. We had a delicious dinner of ribs/pulled pork/pulled chicken/Brussel sprouts/herb noodles - it was divine and the perfect meal to end the weekend on a happy note! We watched some TV together to round out the evening and just like that - the weekend was over!


This picture is a bit of a cheat (it's from this morning) - but oh well! This was what the weather has looked like almost all weekend! Doesn't that look like a lovely, warm Spring day? Well - you'd be wrong! The temperatures have hovered in the 30's and those fluffy clouds have a hidden secret: they're holding snow flurries! It has flurried for the past 48 hours on and off... and I; for one, am over it! Here's hoping this week will bring us closer to more Spring-like days!

No comments:

Post a Comment