Monday, March 7, 2022

Weekend Recap - It's March!

March certainly arrived like a lamb this weekend - I mean; yes, it's been March since mid-week but y'all know what I mean. It was a really nice weekend! The temperatures on Saturday and Sunday were somewhere in the mid-60's/lower 70's and so we took advantage of that and spent time outside!

I was able to leave work early on Friday and spend some time with Ryan before he headed to work for the evening and I ran to Wal-Mart to grab a few things for the house! I then proceeded to grab some Taco Bell with a gift card and sit on the couch watching The Gilded Age and painting my nails, ha-ha! It was a really classy night! 

Saturday morning after sleeping like a log, I found myself up by around 7:30 and so I walked Watson over to the French Bros. Dairy Farm across the street to spy on the cows before having some breakfast and going to get my hair done in Strasburg. The weather truly was so very nice on Saturday - just about perfect!

 

 

Ryan came in from work and the Men's Conference at church shortly after lunch and immediately took a nap, so while he was asleep I threw Watson in the car and headed in search of something to do outdoors with him! We have a town park - Riverview Park and a state park - Seven Bends State Park - all within mere miles of our front door, so we took advantage of Riverview Park on Saturday afternoon and explored some of the trails for a little while. The trails were all short but offered some really lovely views of the Shenandoah River winding through the valley below.

 


In my search to find the bridge I could see crossing the water in front of me, we wound right down the road and to one of the entrances to Seven Bends State Park - where there was a $5 parking fee. Since I knew Ryan and I planned to come back on Sunday, we just peered at the river a bit and then headed back home - but those blue skies reflected so beautifully in the river! 

 

Saturday evening Ryan and I had dinner together and just chilled - we tried to go Cosmic Bowling and we even arrived before it started at 8 PM - but the place was packed and there was already a waiting list for a lane! It was nuts! We ended up grabbing some coffee and fried oreos from Sheetz and taking a drive down some country roads before heading home to relax - it's like I told Ryan: it doesn't matter what we're doing, as long as I'm doing it with him! Is that too cheesy for you? Well - too bad! 

Sunday morning Ryan raced out the door to run an errand and when he returned he had an armful of the most beautiful roses and lilies for me - you see, Sunday was one year that we have been together! While it sometimes seems like a year has passed in the blink of an eye, most of the time I just feel like I've known Ryan forever. It's impossible to imagine life without him now and when I look back at all we've done in the last year - it's humbling how much the Lord has blessed us again and again. 

 

The speaker for the Men's Conference preached the Sunday morning sermon and it was powerful and so enjoyed - Reggie Dabbs is an excellent speaker and really shares the Word of the Lord with power and humor! I am also continuously blessed by knowing I am with a man who leads us to go to church every Sunday and live out our faith, be committed and dedicated to our church family - it is overwhelming at times - in the best way possible.

We had an anniversary lunch at Outback and then headed home to put on our exercise clothes and get outside some while the weather was so nice! The skies weren't necessarily blue but the temperatures were in the mid-70's and so we headed to Seven Bends to explore. We jumped on a trail that the park map said was 0.88 mile(s) - and three miles later, we made our way back to the car, ha-ha!


 

 


I don't know how we ended up going so far but along the way we found a path to the water's edge and investigated (Watson grabbed a drink) and then Ryan found an off-road path that led to a little swamp where he was convinced he'd found baby alligators! Please note how serious he is about the babies in the pictures below! All I was serious about was that if there were baby alligators... there was a Momma somewhere and I was not interested in meeting her! Eek!



Watson ended up worn out by the time all was said and done, so Ryan carried him back to the car and home we went to relax for the evening! We started Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University and made some plans where our finances and budget are concerned. I watched the first episode of season six of Outlander and we ended up crashing pretty early after a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment