Monday, March 21, 2022

I Have a Forsythia!

You guys - just look at my beautiful little Forsythia! I actually have two of them and some other lovely flowers and plants outside my new home that my Ryan planted on Friday to make our home beautiful and ready for Spring! The weekend felt a little bit like a whirlwind - which is ironic since I didn't actually do very much.

 

The sinuses/allergies hit our house hard this week y'all - and by the time I got off work on Friday (early - praise the Lord) and got home, all I wanted to do was lay down on the couch. I looked at our beautiful new plants and then I put on some comfy pants, laid down on the couch and slept for over an hour. I joked that Ryan's dinner cured me: he made fettuccini alfredo with grilled chicken and breadsticks - it was delicious! We ended up watching Ghost Hunters because they recently did two shows in locations near and dear to us: Winchester and Stephens City! 

 

Saturday was an absolutely beautiful day - the sun was out, the sky was blue and there was a breeze in the air. It started as a breeze and as the day wore on, it turned into a full on March gale. I'd like to say I did a lot of things on the gorgeous day but honestly - I did a whole lot of nothing.

I ended up organizing and adjusting some things at Ryan and I's house before heading back to my parents house for the afternoon... taking the back roads since the weather was so nice.  I did spend a good bit of time outside enjoying the warm Spring sunshine and I cleaned out/organized some drawers & my jewelry armoire but when all was said and done, Saturday was truly a day of relaxation for me because I did a whole lot of nothing!

Sunday morning dawned bright and early - I attended the first service since I had nursery in the second service and then my Dad and I grabbed Mexican food for lunch before heading home. Again, I did pretty much nothing all afternoon long... it's a little shameful how few things I did this weekend! My Mom returned home from being gone for the weekend and I ended up spending quite a bit of the afternoon talking to her...  I'll do better next weekend - maybe... 

Sunday evening we went to a Passover Seder style meal at our church and it was really fascinating learning the traditions of the Passover from a Jewish perspective. We had salt water, parsley, horseradish and an apply & nut mixture that were eaten with the matzo... Ryan was thrilled to realize as the youngest person at our table he got to find the "hidden" matzo and have it "redeemed" back to him. The man leading the Passover Seder explained that usually the person that found the hidden matzo was paid for redeeming the matzo back. The redemption payment for Ryan? Dinner at Italian Delight after the Passover service! 

 


The whole ritual was fascinating to learn about and while I very much enjoyed some aspects of the "meal" - I could always do without horseradish! Blegh! Also, see the ten drops of juice on my plate? They represent the 10 plagues that were brought down on Egypt before Pharaoh let the Israelites go. The symbolism and tradition was really lovely and I'm so glad to have had the experience and to now know more about what the Passover means to the Jewish people.

It's another fairly calm week here on the home front - just work and a couple group meetings here and there. I can't believe we are getting close to the final weekend in March, talk about time flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment