Thursday, February 8, 2024

New Year - New You

We all know that old saying "new year - new you" and for most people it's just a trite saying that is repeated at the start of the new year to kick off resolutions and such; but most of the time, people don't really change - you know? I suppose I'm not so much a "new me" in the broader sense of the term - but I do have a new job, so that absolutely changes a part of the many things that make me... "me".

********************************************

My new job is such a blessing & also a sign of the Lord's faithfulness. I'll get into that all more in another post, but the main point is this: My last day at my former job was January 10th & I found out I'd been hired for my new job on January 12th! That's right - the Lord didn't keep me waiting long! When I tell you the Lord is working all things out for the good of those that love him - yes & amen!

 

I know y'all love my pre-interview pictures; trying to make sure I have on the right outfit & getting all the nerves out before I head in to chat with the people who might be hiring me (and hey - they did!) These pictures are from way back in early January; which sometimes seems like a lifetime ago & other days seems like it was only yesterday, ha-ha! 

I left my former job on January 10th and I started my new job on February 5th - so I had three and a half weeks to decompress & just rest my mind, my soul, my heart - and it was so wonderful! I spent time reading God's word, doodling, reading books, doing puzzles, attempting to tackle some Legos & spent time with my parents. I made Ryan lunch & took it to him during the day - or had lunch with him when he came home in the middle of the day. It was a wonderful & much needed period of rest.




My sweet husband brought me home flowers the day I found out I'd been hired; and a card to go alongside them! How blessed to have someone who thinks of me & cherishes me with surprises like that? I am blessed indeed! The weekend before I started my new job (last weekend) my hubby & I went out to have dinner at Regions 117 to celebrate my new beginning - the company was wonderful, the food was divine & the evening allowed us to have such a great time together. 




 

I thoroughly enjoyed my three and a half weeks as a woman of leisure - but there was something nice about getting up & having a place to go & a purpose in the morning! I was so blown away by the warm welcome I received when I arrived at my new office! I had a welcome bag with some of my favorite candy and upon arrival at the office that would be mine, I had a personalized sign & a welcome note! 



If you need to find me - I'm now working as the Administrative Programs Assistant with the City of Winchester Department of Social Services! I am so excited to see what the future holds & where this job will take me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment