Tuesday, February 20, 2024

A Three Day Weekend

Another weekend in the books - I cannot believe that we are days away from the last weekend of February! I feel like I say this every year, but time flies faster and faster with every passing year! We had a good weekend; a really restful weekend, and it was lovely! 

Friday after work, I popped by my parent's house and grabbed my Mom and we went to Woodstock for the Buttercup's Galentines Night! They had tons of vendors and Flour and Water, the bakery next door also took part - so we grabbed some treats before perusing the shelves at the Buttercup! We didn't make any purchases, but I saw plenty I loved! We met up with Ryan and my Dad for dinner at the Woodstock Moose Lodge and then headed home to wait and see if the forecasted snow would arrive!                

                   *******************************************************                           

We were under a Winter Storm Warning with a predicted 4-8 inches of snow overnight - and while it did snow - it certainly wasn't anything like what they predicted! I would say we got maybe an inch of snow in most areas and it was not the most substantial of snow. Once the sun came out; which was basically as soon as the day started, it began to melt! I told Ryan that I wanted to hike a portion of the lake trail in the snow, so we figured we'd better head out shortly after breakfast if we wanted there to be any snow left...




The portion where the trail started was plenty snow covered - but as we moved around the lake, there were portions of the trail where it didn't even look like it had snowed! We were able to spy so many little creature prints around the lake as we hiked; what looked like dog and deer, and my special favorite were the prints that appeared to belong to a raccoon! 




As luck would have it, right about the time we emerged from the end of the trail into the parking lot at the lake - my Dad came through the parking lot to see what the lake looked like in the snow! So we hitched a ride back to the house, got cleaned up and then headed out for an afternoon of shopping! 



We found some really great bargains at some of our favorite consignment and thrift shops and I discovered I had two gift cards in my purse worth about $125 - so we had ourselves quite the afternoon around town! We had a chill Saturday evening; having some pizza and catching up on Masters of the Air on Apple TV. 


Sunday feels like it passed in a flash! We went to third service and then stayed after for the annual vision meeting - and that wasn't done until almost 2 PM! After a lunch of Mexican food, Ryan and I tooled around town some and got home shortly after 5:45! We had a very low key evening; we watched an episode of Home Town and actually ended up getting to sleep pretty early!

I was off work on Monday (yay for that government job) and honestly - I didn't do a whole lot! I read, fiddled with a puzzle, did some laundry and was generally just a bum. Which you're supposed to be on your day(s) off, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment