Monday, October 31, 2022

The Final Days as a Fiancé

I have just twelve more days until I am a “Mrs.”… what a thought!?! Everyone told me the time would fly and they were right! Now everyone is telling me to do my best to take in every moment of the big day! Something tells me that like all precious moments in life – it will pass in the blink of an eye, and I am just going to do my best to make memories that will last a lifetime! 

 

The past weekend was the last weekend that doesn’t have wedding things going on – and while it wasn’t busy, we did have plenty going on! Friday was a glorious Autumn day and the views on the way to work were stunning! After a busy day at work, I headed home for the evening. No real plans in place for Friday night, but that was absolutely fine since this weekend is the bachelorette party, the next weekend is rehearsal dinner, the next I’ll be in Jamaica and y’all – the next weekend will be the Friday after Thanksgiving! What?!?

The small VA town that Ryan and I will be calling home had their Trick or Treat/Candy Crawl – something along those lines – on Saturday and with weather in the upper 60’s and sunny, Ryan and I decided to go grab lunch at Woodstock Café and take in all the little people in their costumes! Main Street was filled with people in any and every costume under the sun: we saw numerous little dinosaurs, police officers, princesses, super heroes and other costumes that were unique and hilarious.

 


The best costume we saw? A couple who had dressed their small daughters as inmates and were even pulling the smaller one along in a “cell” that had wanted posters on the sides. The littlest person was completely unbothered by her prison cell – she had cheerios and some juice, so she was rolling along quite happily! It was a brilliant idea! We had tasty paninis and poked our heads in a couple shops… Watson even got some pats on the head from sweet little kiddos. It was such a nice day and we really do love the little town we will be calling home!



Later on, Saturday afternoon, I helped my Mom decorate for a surprise party for our friend Charlotte and then when she arrived home, we all cheered and surprised her! We enjoyed visiting with some friends and neighbors and then around 6:15, Ryan and I did a quick change into Halloween costumes and made our way to friend’s Scott & Michelle’s house for a Halloween party! I was one-third of the Sanderson Sisters and Ryan was the Netflix version of Top Gun… he called himself Top Pistol! *cracks up*


 

My friends Meridith and Danielle (also coworkers) and I resurrected our Sanderson Sister costumes to great effect – we won the Best Overall Costume(s) award but let me tell you – after my bathtub looked like murder scene and it took Meridith ages to get her hair combed out, we decided not to dress up at work! This year will be the first year we haven’t dressed up for work, but y’all that red hair color is a mess! We were given the cutest Sanderson Sister-themed cookies as part of our best costume win, and it was a lovely way to end the night!



Sunday was another beautiful day and after church, a quick bite at Firehouse Subs and grabbing some groceries, we stopped by our friend’s church for their Fall Fest. We sampled chili in the chili cook off, made some smores around the fire and Ryan and I even played a little corn hole! It was nice to be able to spend time with friends in the lovely Autumn weather! Once the afternoon was done, it was home to get things organized for another work week. I made some pretty delicious (if I do say so myself) Pasta Fagioli for dinner and honestly – I cannot believe how quickly the weekend passed!



It’s Monday again – and Halloween at that! Ryan and I are planning to dress up for a little get together tonight at my parent’s. I know the rest of this week will pass quickly, my little sister arrives on Thursday afternoon and it just feels like it will be a whirlwind race to the big day after that! Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment