Monday, October 24, 2022

Nineteen Days!

 I think – for the time being – a weekly update might be the format around here, ha-ha! I guess we shall see but with just NINETEEN days until the wedding, things are pretty busy between work, living life and making sure that we are checking off all the boxes to make sure everything is taken care of!


 

Last week was a fairly calm week in the grand scheme of things and that was nice – because either me, Ryan, or both of us have plans every night this week – except Friday! I was super excited on Wednesday when my dear friend Katie stopped by my office with her new baby girl, and I finally got to cuddle her! She is the sweetest, tiniest little creature and it was so wonderful to cuddle her for a few minutes! I loved her sweet little baby squeaks and squirms and I hope Ryan and I will have a little one of our own next year! 

Friday was a big day – Ryan and I both got off work early and headed to the Shenandoah County Circuit Court office and got our marriage license! It was surprisingly quick; we were the only people there and I think the whole process took about five minutes! We celebrated when it was done by running errands at Wal-Mart, checking out the Wholesome Butcher and making homemade pizza and wings for dinner! We watched a couple episodes of The Rings of Power (or as Ryan calls it – the elf show) before calling it a night!


Saturday we got a piano! Y’all – we got a piano! It has been ages since I’ve played piano but some friends from church were looking to get rid of their Baldwin and wanted no money whatsoever, just someone to take it off their hands, and Ryan and I were the lucky recipients of their kindness! Ryan and my Dad picked it up, got it all situated in our living room and it fit just perfectly! After all that was said and done – we headed to a joint dance lesson with both of my parents, which was fascinating since my Dad, and I were learning our dance for the wedding. My Dad is a hoot when it comes to dancing. 


 

After our dance lessons we headed to Wayside Farm for an annual jaunt into all things Autumn! We watched pig races, pumpkin drops, shot apples out of blasters, navigated the corn maze, and even took a hayride! Oh yes – and Ryan and I did a giant slide and came out unscathed! Ha-ha! That’s saying something since two years ago I ended up covered in dirt and the year prior to that, my Dad ripped his shorts open! No injuries this year but we also didn’t get any apple cider donuts because they kept running out… *sigh* On the way home, we made a quick stop at the Virginia State Arboretum to see the Gingko Biloba trees that have turned the most stunning shade of golden yellow! 

 


 


 


 




I actually ended up sitting at the piano on Saturday evening and picking out the most basic notes of Amazing Grace! I found a copy of sheet music on the internet and propped my phone on the piano and tried to recall all the things I learned in piano lessons years ago! Ryan’s Mom assures me that it will all come back to me easier than I imagine – and I think she might just be right! Ryan also got to use his new dehydrator on Saturday night to make his very own beef jerky – and let me tell you, he was absolutely thrilled with the whole experience!

Sunday after church, I invited my parents to come to our house and have Sunday lunch! I cooked Olive Garden Crock Pot Chicken and served it over rice, with corn and green beans! Everything turned out really well and after we cleaned up, my Mom and I poked around Woodstock just a little bit! I spent a huge chunk of Sunday night continuing to get our little house organized and ready for when we are married in just NINETEEN days! The weekend felt like it flew by – but then again, the days seem to be flying the closer the wedding gets!

No comments:

Post a Comment