Monday, October 17, 2022

Another Week - Another Catch-Up

Another week has passed… and here I am on a Monday posting a little bit of a catch-up! Last week was a little wild y’all – activities almost every night of the week! Thankfully, this week is a little less busy before the next few weeks arrive. I am so looking forward to the next few weeks and I know I will cherish the memories that will be made in the next few weeks for the rest of my life.

I was really thrilled to see Friday afternoon arrive, especially after having only about four hours of sleep on Thursday night. I got a terrible leg cramp around 3 AM and never quite went back to sleep, so I was all too happy to take a nice little cat nap when I got home, before getting ready to go on a date with my almost husband! We went to Springhouse Tavern in Woodstock, and they never disappoint – the food was great, and the company was perfect! Dinner was about the extent of our date night because we were both pretty tired – I was in my bed asleep on Friday night by 9:15! 

 


Saturday morning Ryan and I attended the Mancini Harvest, and it was such a great way to spend an Autumn day! The Mancini’s are family friends, and they have a small vineyard where they grow and make their own wine. They gather family and friends each year to harvest their grapes and start the wine-making process, they also feed you breakfast and lunch – and honestly, it was just a really excellent way to spend the morning! The weather was perfect: crisp, breezy with bright blue skies and lovely Autumnal temperatures! Fingers crossed our wedding day will be like this…


After enjoying some time with friends and having a delicious lunch from Schaffer’s BBQ, Ryan and I were sent on our way with a lovely gift bag! Talk about being the most exceptional host – 10 out 10, will harvest grapes again! We poked around some shops in Strasburg and made a Wal-Mart run before spending the rest of the day watching football (the Tennessee/Alabama game was particularly fascinating) and just generally relaxing a wee bit. Ryan made some amazing beer can chicken for dinner on Saturday night and it was a delicious dinner!

Sunday was a busy day! Eek! I had pictures made on Sunday morning, so I headed for Winchester while my family headed to church. After hair and make-up, I spent quite a chunk of time posing for my pictures and then hopped in my car to make my way to our venue and meet up with Ryan and my parents! We reviewed and went over all the things with less than thirty days to the wedding – and I fell in love with our venue all over again; it’s so perfect! I can’t wait for the big day!





We headed back toward home over the mountains, which are really starting to show their colors! We had pizza for dinner and prepared for the week ahead – I cannot believe that we now have less than four weeks until the big day. Everything is coming into place, and I cannot wait for the next few weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment