Wednesday, October 5, 2022

My Thirty-Seventh Year!

Today is the last day of my thirty-seventh year! I cannot believe that another year has already passed and I am so thankful and blessed for another turn around the sun! This last year was filled with so many sweet moments and precious memories! I can't wait to see what thirty-eight has in store for me!





October was a month filled with surprises... including a birthday surprise pulled off by my love! He's so sneaky in the best way and managed to bring together so many friends to surprise me for my birthday! We also spent some time in Fredericksburg, around town and my friends and I dressed as Schitt's Creek for Halloween - our streak of epic costumes continued! 

*************************************************************


 


November was filled with new experiences... the most exciting was spending Thanksgiving in Charleston as a family! We were all together (missed you Lindsey) for several days and got to enjoy seeing the city, playing games and eating a delicious Thanksgiving meal together! Ryan and I began house hunting pretty intently and began going to view houses together! 

****************************************************************

 

 

 


December was a wonderful month... filled with celebrations of the Christmas season with friends and family. We celebrated Christmas a week early with my family, took in the lights and sights of Enchanted at Nationals Park and Ryan and I spent our first Christmas together. Ryan and I also found our first home together and made an offer - which was accepted! 

***********************************************************


 


January brought a whole new chapter... Ryan and I became homeowners on January 14th! We signed paperwork, moved in all our things and Ryan settled into living full-time in our home! There was plenty of snow and even some ice, and we spent plenty of time getting things un-boxed, organized and set up just the way we liked it!

************************************************************





February was a full month... Ryan and I attended the marriage conference at church and I went to a huge bridal expo with my Mom and her friend, Marcia! I finally had someone to celebrate Valentine's Day with and Ryan and I had our first guests at our house: Ryan's Mom and her boyfriend Doc came to visit for four days and we showed them the Virginia countryside!

**************************************************************

 


March was a little more slow.... the chilly weather lingered but when the weather cooperated, we tried to spend time outdoors in our new hometown so we could learn about all the exciting things to do in the area! Ryan and I also celebrated a year together in March and began counting down to the wedding with just eight months to go!

***********************************************************




April started slow... and for the most part, stayed pretty calm. The month also started so cold and we froze it out at a birthday in the park before getting coffee to warm up! We celebrated my Dad, explored nearby Strasburg and took advantage of the gradually warming weather. My Mom and I took part in the Apple Blossom Prayer Brunch once again!

****************************************************************







May was a very full month.... can't you tell? Ryan and I kicked the month off by seeing Elevation Worship in concert in DC! I'm sure there was more than just the one week of the month, but so much happened in the middle of the month when we headed to Mississippi for almost a week! Ryan and I were given our first wedding shower and overwhelmingly blessed by our MS friends and family! We were also able to catch up with family and friends, and spend a couple days in one of our favorite places - the Smoky Mountains!

*************************************************************


 



June was yet another busy and bright month.... I reached out some feelers on new opportunities and Ryan and I enjoyed ice cream and Nationals baseball (although they didn't win...). Our sweet family friends in Virginia hosted a wedding shower for us and Ryan's Mom came to town for the shower, so we hosted guests again (including sweet Maggie). Once again we were abundantly blessed!

****************************************************





July started with a bang.... literally! We went to Pennsylvania for the Fourth of July weekend and it was wonderful to be able to show my parents places that were special to Ryan when he was growing up! I caught up with friends, we spent time at the pool and I picked up my wedding dress, perfectly altered for the wedding day!

**************************************************************






August was filled with activity... we mailed out ALL the wedding invitations and starting receiving RSVP(s) back! We went to a concert at Jiffy Lube Live, perused all things air and space at the Udvar Hazy Center and we went to the Warren County Fair! I even attempted camping again and actually had a really good time! What are the odds?

************************************************************









September was a busy month y'all.... can't you tell? I started the month with almost ten days in the Bavarian countryside of Germany and saw so many sights! It was an amazing trip and I am blessed with the memories we created while in lovely Germany! I was so glad to come home to Ryan and spend time with him in the beautiful Virginia countryside and spending time at the women's conference at church!

*********************************************************

As you can see - it was a very blessed year indeed! Now - onward to thirty-eight and all that it holds for me and mine! 

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic year! 38 is gonna be great! Hey that rhymes!

    ReplyDelete