Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Life Lately - November

Well - tomorrow is December 1st. I feel like the month of November has sped by - it just started and it's already coming to a close! Whoa!


What I Read - Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers and Once There Were Wolves by Charlotte McConaghy; two very good books but also two very different books! I also started reading The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin but I'm only about five chapters in... so that one will get finished up in December!

Books on the Shelf - Oh boy this list is a mile long (basically - I have plenty to read). Still waiting to be cracked open are: The Holiday Swap by Maggie Knox, The Collective by Alison Gaylin, Everything We Didn't Say by Nicole Baart, Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid, Dark Places by Gillian Flynn, Elizabeth & Margaret: The Intimate World of the Windsor Sisters by Andrew Morton, My Dear Hamilton by Eliza Kaye & Stephanie Dray... and y'all... there are a couple more! I need to get to work on reading! 

Must See TV - Y'all... I watch nothing! If you'd have told me a couple years ago that I'd be sitting here watching nothing on TV, I'd have laughed at you. Ryan and I started a show on Netflix called The Frankenstein Chronicles and we enjoyed the first few episodes but we haven't really been pulled in... I have also watched an episode of The Great British Baking Show here and there - but there is nothing I'm watching consistently.

I'd love to have the time to watch the second season(s) of both The Great and Witcher - but then again, there are usually other things I'd rather be doing when it comes down to it.

Movies of the Month - The only movie I saw this month was The Eternals... and I have to say that while I enjoyed it, it definitely wouldn't rank near the top of the pile where Marvel movies are concerned. I think I most enjoyed seeing Kit Harington & Richard Madden in a movie together (Game of Thrones - reunited) and it tickled me that they were in a love triangle with a character named Cersi... hehehe. 

What I'm Listening To - Y'all know I've already started to listen to Christmas music...of course! I am always jamming out to holiday tunes as soon as Halloween has ended, ha-ha! I've also been listening to a couple different podcasts: Crime Junkies, American Veteran, That Sounds Fun with Annie Downs and The Big Boo Cast, among others. 

Tasty Treats - Only six pictures y'all... I guess I didn't do too much eating worth documenting this month, huh? I know I did have some divine Pumpkin Pancakes at Whisk earlier in the month and also went to tea at The Tea Cart in Berryville - that was fun and delicious!


I put together some tarts with chocolate and bits of fruit and nuts, we did a champagne toast when I said yes to the dress and honestly - we ate tons of good food in Charleston and I just didn't document it! Poogan's Porch and Poogan's Smokehouse were so very tasty, Hot Little Biscuit was yummy and don't even get me started on our Thanksgiving feast! We also ate at Page's Okra Grill and El Jefe on King Street.

What I'm Looking Forward To - All things Christmas! I'm looking forward to experiencing the holiday season with my fiancĂ© and my family and we have a couple things we are planning to do to enjoy the season! We are seeing Christmas with The Chosen at the movies on December 1st, taking part in a Holiday Market this weekend, celebrating with our life groups with parties and dinners and taking in Enchanted at Nationals Park. 

I am so very excited about what this holiday season will hold and what the New Year has in store.

*********************************************************

Y'all have a blessed and wonderful final month of 2021 - enjoy the Christmas season and prepare for the New Year to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment