Monday, November 8, 2021

Catching Up - Again

It's me again - checking in again on a Monday. Last week seems like a little bit of a blur and here we are back on Monday once again. I'm hoping I have time this week to blog more than once... but only time will tell! Can I just start by sharing a picture of the cutest little Halloween cookies - they were leftovers from Halloween and I couldn't resist bringing them to work to brighten my day last Monday!


The last week felt a bit hectic and I think I've mentioned that the weekends in November look pretty crazy as well - I have plans every weekend for the next three weeks - so the entirety of November. *whoosh* This weekend was much calmer and I'm so thankful for that! Friday after work, Ryan and I joined my parents for dinner at Red Robin and then Ryan had to head into work - so I cleaned up my house, ended up getting out my Christmas decorations (no judgement) and ended up watching Disney+ curled up on my couch. It was a nice Friday night!


Saturday morning (and every morning this week honestly) the world was covered in sparkling, crispy frost and everything twinkled in the sunlight! It was really nice to just take the morning slow and help my Mom prepare for a little get together at the house for Saturday afternoon - I was especially tickled that we had petit fours and my Mom's favorite cheese dip recipe that is to die for! My Mom's party went really well and it was nice to get to visit with some friends for a couple hours on Saturday afternoon!

 

The weather was really lovely all weekend - Saturday was no exception and so after the party, Ryan and I went on a nice long walk before he took a nap (night shifts) and I got most of the decorations for Christmas put up before having some chicken and sausage gumbo for dinner! Yum! Yum! Fun fact: Ryan has never had a petit four before and he continues to call them "petit-files" which I cannot help but chuckle at. Yes - he knows that isn't what they're called, he likes knowing I'll laugh when he says it.


Sunday morning was a bit of a whirlwind - I woke up earlier than necessary (thanks time change) and spent some time with Ryan before heading to church, where I was serving in the nursery. My Mom and I had two sweet little girls and the hour passed pretty quickly with time spent snuggling and sharing Puffs. We ran some errands to Home Goods and Hallmark, picked up lunch from Firehouse Subs and headed home!

 


Later in the afternoon we'd seen that the Gingko trees at the Arboretum began turning bright golden yellow last Sunday, so we decided to drive over and check them out - and when we got there - the trees were already completely bare. The golden leaves had already fallen to the ground and so we had to make our own little bit of golden magic before heading home... Watson ate a treat on the way home and once it was gone, he tried to climb into the floorboard to get to the wrapper... *face palm* 

 


 



The rest of the evening was spent decorating some additional aspects of my house for Christmas, having some dinner and spending time with Ryan before he headed to work. I get the feeling that the rest of this month is absolutely going to fly by and December will be here before we know it. 

I'm trying to cherish every moment and make the most of each day and not let the hectic pace get to me - but I don't always succeed. Here's hoping that as time passes, I'll get better with that. Not just in this upcoming week but the weeks and months to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment