Friday, November 12, 2021

Five on Friday


One. A Year to Go - It's hard to imagine but this time next year I'll be getting ready for my wedding! I remember back in June when we chose the date of November 12, 2022 it seemed like a lifetime away and now the countdown of less than a year will begin! 


I truly could have never imagined Ryan but now that he is in my life - I couldn't imagine anyone but him. The way he came along and just slotted into my life like a piece of the puzzle that was always meant to be there - that's only because the Lord placed him in my life. And I cannot wait to (keep) counting down the days until we are married.

Two. Lauren Daigle World Tour - We originally bought tickets to this tour way back in 2019 with an original tour date of a random Saturday in late March (or April). And then the concert got rescheduled because of COVID... and then it got rescheduled again.. and so the final date is tonight in Hershey, Pennsylvania. 


We (my family) will be making a rather mad dash to Pennsylvania since I don't get off work until 5 and the concert starts at 7:30. I suppose we will slide into the parking lot in the nick of time. I'm looking forward to the concert and the time spent with my family.

Three. Sight & Sound: Queen Esther - Sight & Sound is the other ticket that we also purchased almost two years ago and Saturday is the date that we are finally able to see the performance! Sight & Sound Theater is a company that performs stories from the Bible with the production value of a Broadway play and this season the show is Queen Esther!


As excited as I am about Lauren Daigle, I am potentially a little more excited about seeing this! My parents have seen a previous production (Noah) and raved about it - so I cannot wait to see the show!

Four. Afternoon Tea - I am so excited to be getting to go to Afternoon Tea on Sunday with several of the ladies from my neighborhood Bible Study! We are going to the Tea Cart in nearby Berryville - which will be a first for me! Our family favorite spot - Coach and Horses Tea Room - closed back in 2019 when the family that ran it returned to their native Scotland and we've sorely missed it!


The Tea Cart has gotten really positive reviews and they hold themed teas (think Harry Potter... Sherlock Holmes... the royals...) from time to time too! I can't wait to check it out and see how they do! Plus, I always enjoy a nice hot cup of tea!

Five. It's Been A Week - I don't even know if frazzled is the word to describe it but this week has been a lot. *sigh* There is a LOT going on at my office, the holiday season is really starting to get into full swing and there is just so much going on... while I'm looking forward to all of the above - the introvert part of me is tired too.


There have been some things this week that have rustled certain things in my mind and caused wheels to turn in lots of different ways. I also know that I'll end up needing lots of prayer as the year closes out - for numerous reasons and not all of them stressful in a bad way. I just know this has been quite a week and I'm glad to see the weekend arriving soon!

******************************************************

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and enjoys November as it unfolds. Make memories, try to cherish the good things and let go of the bad! That's what I'm trying to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment